IGNORED

Do Three Wheels Mean It's a Bike??

Lowndes

Definitely not a bike, but sounds like fun to drive.

There are many different styles of three wheel cars available, just not for me.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1

so, do handlebars make a vehicle a "bike"?  

The age-old argument of (motorized) bike vs trike leave me wondering what makes the difference in nomenclature, because both have a motor and both are cycles (of some sort), so are they both not "motor-cycles"?   OK, I'm ready for the outfall......:stir:

• Haha 1

Bi can mean a lot of things (especially today) :classic_biggrin: but it means two (2) as in Bi-Ke and Tri means three (3) as in Tri-Ke. So, with that reasoning, a two wheeler is a bike and a three wheeler is a trike. Now, you’ve got your Reverse Trikes (just to confuse things) as with the Can Am Spyder. But it’s ok, John knows they’re cool. :cool: That’s how I sees it anyway. :dontknow:

Three wheelers are for those who are afraid of two wheelers, and for those who can no longer handle two wheels due to age or disability.

To each their own, and I do not judge. (Well, maybe a little with the Polaris Slingshot...)

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

Polaris Slingshot...)

The thing with those, some people would need a Hoyer lift to get out of them. Dropping in is one thing. :) 

Well, is it motor-sickle or motor-cycle?

We don't call a bicycle a bi-cycle, but it is typically called a bi-sickle.....so that would lead one to refer to a motor-cycle as motor-sickle.

Or just call it a motorbike;)

12 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Well, is it motor-sickle or motor-cycle?

We don't call a bicycle a bi-cycle, but it is typically called a bi-sickle.....so that would lead one to refer to a motor-cycle as motor-sickle.

Or just call it a motorbike;)

I think Arlo made a song about that. :)

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Lowndes said:

Do three wheels make it not a motorcycle??

image.thumb.png.aa7902c4d79ed31e15d502d6f3e66c63.png

I think that to be a motorcycle, the vehicle's natural position of rest must be on its side........:java:

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

The group Queen sang about a bicycle.   :dontknow:

It was about a bi-sickle and Freddie wanted to ride it........oh, and fat bottomed girls rode them too ;)

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Natural position of rest on side---nope

Fixed it for ya....... constantly running a gyro ain't makin it for me.... Ugly and obviously not built by motorcyclists.

• Plus 1 1