IGNORED

AF-Xied still made?

Hadabadachada

Hadabadachada

Hello, been having issues with this thing, and when working it makes the bike run better so I’d like to use it. 

issue I have is the indents aren’t there, so I makes me wonder if it’s on a setting or not. 

so I’m wondering if the email on the paperwork actually works?

is this company still around for me to try and contact for help?

thanks 

Hadabadachada

Yeah, instructions say yellow blinks but I don’t get those. Seems like they are still making things, in contact with them, thank you. 

No indents on none of my units either, hadabadachada.  Just set it as close as you can "eyeball" it on #7.  It is not that sensitive.  I tried #'s 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9 on my first install ('99 R11S) and couldn't tell much difference.  It does take 2-3 tanks of fuel before the ECU averages out the adjustments (and install).  NOTHING happens immediately, install or adjustment.  

I don't think they are out of business.  Just bought one from BBY a month ago.

BTW, what bike do you have it installed on??

If your O2 sensor is faulty it won't work correctly, either.

MUCH more info on it here from a member (roger 04 rt): https://www.bmwsporttouring.com/topic/88146-bmsx-lambda-shifting-af-xied/ 

For the web page info:  http://www.nightrider.com/ 

To order: https://www.beemerboneyard.com/nsearch.html?#search/q=AF-XiED&sortby=rel&main_category=&page=1&size=15&storeid=yhst-15102260216258/1

For some reason I get a DNS ERROR when trying to access the catalog on their web page now, maybe the hotel router, my VPN, Win11, or just the usual OP ERROR (me - five thumbs on each buscuit hook).

I have one on each of four bikes. The first one made sugh a HUGE difference in the engine, completely eliminated all the "cold-natured" symptoms, i.e. stalling, no low end, no roll-on power, etc, etc.  The second three units I ordered before I got the bikes.  Happy Customer.  It was the least expensive and MOST results of any of the "enhancements" made to the engine and there were several. 

They work wonders.   Maybe more accurate is that the AFXiED adjusts (and/or lets you adjust) the air/fuel to a mix that lets the engine run like it is supposed to run, instead of by the EPA regulations.  I get more power, less heat, no problems, more mpg, and more smiles.

The units are set on #7 from the facory.  The dial is tiny.  I have to use the Magnifier app on my phone or a real magnifying glass to see/read it.  But that's OK because the #7 setting is good on all of them and the unit doesn't take up any room under the seat.  

On some bikes it's a plug and play install.  On all units there is a small ground-wire with an eyelet that goes to the negative battery terminal.  If your model bike doesn't have a disconnect in the wiring harness between the O2 sensor and the ECU, then you may have to do a splice.  They have pre-made wiring kits with matching connectors for many bikes.  

Hadabadachada

Thanks for the info.

my 04 R1100S came with one. Seemed to be running good until recent. I wonder if the O2 sensor is going and causing issues.

my module doesn’t stop at 11 or one, it keeps spinning. But according to the man, he says there is no unscrewed or screwed too much, the pointer just needs to be in the range. 

im gonna hook it back up one of these days and give it another go. 
Now that I’m back to straight O2 sensor (just replaced mine with a used one, the one on the bike looked like one of the wires was exposed, wonder if that was an issue) but now that I’m back on stock maps, there is a noticeable difference between stock and the module, module is way nicer.

Hadabadachada,

EDIT:  I just talked to Steve at Nightrider.  He says he is turning over the sales and marketing of the AFXiED (for BMW) to Mike at Beemer Boneyard and the HD side to another vendor.  The manufacturing will continue with the same milspec business.  Steve said he just wanted to retire, or at least enjoy life more now.  That's why some of the web pages wouldn't open but at least they will still be available and supported!!

This is a magnified pic of the dial (rheostat, potientiometer??) on the AFXieD on my K bike (same as the others).  It is VERY hard to see but there is an arrohead pointer at one end of the screwdriver slot dial. Make sure you have the slot pointed in the right direction.  This pic shows mine pointed at maybe 7.2, BUT IT WORKS GREAT!!  No detents, clicks, or stops.  AND it takes a while (several tankfulls of fuel) before it completely averages out the A/F adjustments.

image.thumb.png.fb6a50fd3d35e93221a37d6981424d5c.png

image.thumb.png.2dd21b1c26ee5d16b3d4cf55d6c9f1f4.png

image.thumb.png.c4f09aa8cc5ff39f990d123f0bf1066c.png

image.png.ce4816ec8c57baa7a5b8e756c6e73a65.png

image.thumb.png.c8a3f0739d2c465b96c9a3c45adc5799.png

image.thumb.png.7e1ac120524b88717b8b221dacd23d82.png

The Fabricator
On 2/2/2023 at 11:02 AM, Hadabadachada said:

Yeah, instructions say yellow blinks but I don’t get those. Seems like they are still making things, in contact with them, thank you. 

Might check the polarity of the power connection for the device.