IGNORED

Weaverville 2023 June 2-5

bendbill

Weaverville 2023 is on :)

Most riders were OK with Memorial weekend or June, and 3 folks wanted June, so June it is.  Jun 3 is their 1st Saturday evening art walk.  As you can see below, art and costumes in Weaverville have a local flavor.

Red Hill has been the usual gathering space for post-ride drinks and tales. Both motels feature mini-fridges, microwaves, and coffee makers in all rooms.  Prices include tax.  Both are rated 3.5/5 on tripadvisor.  My wife preferred the look of the rooms at 49er, though others should feel free to chime in.  Both have good availability as of yesterday.

Lodging

Red Hill   530 623 4331    $85, with 1 cabin/ 2 beds for $110, and 1 cabin with a full kitchen for $120

No website.  Gravel parking lot.  Nice setting, rustic and nestled in trees.  Farther from Main street.

49er Gold Country   530 623 4937   $73.50 for basic room, with higher $$ for 2 beds or deluxe rooms with spa

https://www.goldcountryinn.com

More central, so maybe more traffic.  Rooms look newer

Food

There are several restaurants within easy walking distance, including a brew pub.    Also nearby is a bakery, a Chinese and a Mexican restaurant, as well as some fast food places a bit further. 

https://www.cafeonmainweaverville.com/ dinner

https://trinitycountybrewery.com/  lunch and dinner

http://thenuggetrestaurant.com/menu  all day

Supermarket

Holiday Market is at other end of town, 1 mile.  In-store Starbucks

Cheers, and I look forward to seeing everyone and riding those twisty roads again-----Bill

Art.JPG

Sheriff.JPG

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Rob Nowell said:

Surprising collection of properties.  A challenge I see is if someone has to drop out [ as is common ] , then the remaining  riders have to pick up the $$. 

In town allows walking to dinner after a drink or 3 at the motel gathering spot :beer:   Just my initial thoughts.

OTOH, homes can be a good option for those who like more space, of enjoy cooking their own meals, or are as sober as judges at day's end

43 minutes ago, BendBill said:

Surprising collection of properties.  A challenge I see is if someone has to drop out [ as is common ] , then the remaining  riders have to pick up the $$. 

In town allows walking to dinner after a drink or 3 at the motel gathering spot :beer:   Just my initial thoughts.

I tend to agree with your initial thoughts.

I'm not yet sure if I'll be able to make it this time. I have the time, but other things are making travel a bit tricky this year.

I'll know soon.

My two cents: If I was to choose between the Red Hill and the 49er, (I've stayed at both) I'd choose The Red Hill. I find it more quiet and comfortable, though I don't know how it is under new management...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Groanup said:

My two cents: If I was to choose between the Red Hill and the 49er, (I've stayed at both) I'd choose The Red Hill. I find it more quiet and comfortable, though I don't know how it is under new management...

I agree on choosing Red Hill, a good informal gathering spot.  Best of luck in your travel plans

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

FYI-  New owners still run the motel old-school.  No e-mail.  No return phone calls after leaving message. 

I got reply by messaging thru facebook red hill weaverville.  He/she replied 2 days ago they were traveling.  I reserved Jun 2-5 but have not heard back as of yet.  I'll send another fb message to learn when they return for business

OK, latest update:  Newest owner [ I don't even know his name, but I've heard he is Patti's son] sent me a fb message from the road, saying he is temporarily reserving all motel units for our group for 3 nights.  I signed off asking him to advise me when he returns to WVille so that individual riders can specify their dates and rooms.

I'll keep in comm with him and let you all know when it's good to call motel

Cheers

• Thanks 3

I'm planning to be IN on this. I stayed at The Red Hill last year and rode alone. Patty's daughter was very gracious and I'd even say grateful for the business. Definitely OLD School, not at all tech savvy there. They were making upgrades at the time and seemed quite serious about making a go at keeping the place going. She had moved her entire family to Weaverville from the mid west after Patty passed.

Russ

• Like 4
On 2/5/2023 at 11:19 PM, BendBill said:

I'll keep in comm with him and let you all know when it's good to call motel

any word yet?

Greetings, everyone,

Red Hill is answering phones and taking reservations for our weekend of Jun 2-4 or -5.

Best time to call Evan, Patti's grandson,  at the office is 530-623-4331  between 12 - 4 pm.  If no answer, call Heidi, Patti's daughter, at 317-900-9346

Bill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just got off the phone with the young man. Let him know you are with the BMW group and it's easy.

I am IN with a reservation. I may even be bringing Mrs. Groanup...

• Like 2

Just got off the phone with a young lady who said all rooms were reserved for our group and she wasn't taking reservations or credit card info etc.   Just show up and they would have a cabin available.    A bit different response than that relayed by others, but easy and fast.    So I guess I'm set.   Have a reservation at the Anchor Lodge at Silvers by the Wharf in Fort Bragg the night before (June 1).     

Edited by Traveler1
spelling
  • Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Late to the party but I am in the area; shipped my bike to Sacramento and staying with my daughter family in Roseville.

I live on the other coast so would need to follow someone on rides in this area.

Did anyone book at 49er Gold or need a roommate at either location?

Is there a sign up like the unrally?

Cheers

Bob

5 hours ago, BobW03 said:

Late to the party but I am in the area; shipped my bike to Sacramento and staying with my daughter family in Roseville.

I live on the other coast so would need to follow someone on rides in this area.

Did anyone book at 49er Gold or need a roommate at either location?

Is there a sign up like the unrally?

Cheers

Bob

Hi Bob,

I hope I'm not speaking out of turn, but it looks like BendBill (the gentleman who is organizing this thing) is staying at the 49er, so you'd have company if you book a room over there. 

There is no "sign up" or official routes. Just show up and enjoy the riding and company, both of which should be top notch. 

Come by the Red Hill Inn on Friday evening and introduce yourself. I'm sure you'll find someone to ride along with on Saturday. Probably find a cold beverage too...

Seeya in a few days!

• Thanks 1

I am thinking of riding this loop Saturday    Linky    I rode this last year. It was beautiful and quite twisty. There is a brewpub and a few other lunch options in Etna or we could go through Cecilville first and stop at The Salmon River Saloon as according to Google Maps they are open this time. Photo is from somewhere between Etna and Forks of Salmon.

Russ

20220521_115512.jpg

That looks like a great road and I always enjoy a good brewpub. Love checking out local beers especially west coast style.

Do you have a gpx file I can upload to my NAV 5?

Cheers

Bob

2 hours ago, BobW03 said:

Do you have a gpx file I can upload to my NAV 5?

Cheers

Bob

I do not. I don't have a proper GPS, I just Google Map it. It's not an adventure if you know where you're going  :4607:

• Like 1
On 6/1/2023 at 3:54 PM, RT Russ said:

I do not. I don't have a proper GPS, I just Google Map it. It's not an adventure if you know where you're going  :4607:

Quote RT Russ……..

“You guys really do just make  this up as you go!”

You boys behave 😎

• Smile 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Russ you should have a sighting of me and my SO just before you get into Etna on Saturday. Blue F800 and white S1KR. LOL

Here’s my own video from that same Weaverville weekend. We were riding with you all in spirit even if we didn’t catch up.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2023 at 10:42 PM, stubble! said:

Here’s my own video from that same Weaverville weekend. We were riding with you all in spirit even if we didn’t catch up.

We missed you. It’s been too long! Are you still in Petaluma?

Moved to Rohnert Park now Russ. Planning to do DV this year.

Sorry about the overheating issue, got a diagnosis yet?