IGNORED

Part Number for Fuel Injector "O" ring (R1100RT)

SWB

Looking for an alternate part number for item #9 (P/N 13 64 1 730 767) on the attached diagram, i.e. the upper O-ring for both injector assemblies. I checked A&S BMW and Chicago BMW on-line, and neither have this listed as an available item. Does anyone know of a substitute?

R1100RT_FuelInjector.png

Otherwise, I'll just have to take the old o-ring to a hardware store and try to match it, and in my past experience, that's been a pretty inexact science.

The o-ring listed as item #11 (p/n 13 64 2 351 881) is available, as well as the large o-ring #15 for connecting the intake manifolks to the throttle body.

Thanks! wave.gif

I cant help with an alternativ but for o-rings and screws, the parts fiche gives thier size which helps sourcing from non-BMW suppliers. In this casr the o-ring is 7.52mm diameter and 3.53mm thick.

Cya, Andy

I just replaced both of those along with the big Rings and the ones between injector & body itself. Call or email Max BMW.

#9 #15 #20

You might replace the LBBS's while you're at it. The o-rings on mine were rotten and leaking and they were surprizingly cheap to just get new screws, as I don't believe they sold the o-ring separately. HTH

You might replace the LBBS's while you're at it. The o-rings on mine were rotten and leaking and they were surprizingly cheap to just get new screws, as I don't believe they sold the o-ring separately. HTH

Yeah, Jamie, I added those after reading a post of yours on another thread yesterday. I had these screws as a "replace" item in my notes, but then I thought "how much wear can happen to a couple of brass screws?". Then I found out that there's o-rings on them that can't be purchased separately, and said "oh.. ok.. R&R these things too..". Basically, at six years old, 55K miles (most "official" duty miles), I figure everything that's rubber and seals or holds a vacuum is shot. So, all the o-rings (plus the GS intake tube mode) are being replaced during this maintenance. Plus the fuel regulator. Then the throttle/choke and clutch cables (and now, the junction box too) get R&R'd. Then I'll do the "0-0", Lentini tune-up, and etc.. I did the plugs, wires, and ignition coil 1K miles earlier. Everything that could impact tuning should be new and tight, and I'll test it with carb cleaner afterwards.

Not even I can mess up the tuning at that point. dopeslap.gif

Thanks, buddy.

I just replaced both of those along with the big Rings and the ones between injector & body itself. Call or email Max BMW.

#9 #15 #20

I'm just being cheap about #9. By the time I get the clutch parts (friction plate, spring, screws) and all the other crap, I'll have almost $700.00 out in parts. I can save almost $200.00 if I buy from Chicago BMW. Anything I can't get from them, I'll just go and buy from my local dealer.

As far as this 0-ring is involved, Andy ("Boffin") provided exactly what I was looking for. (I saw it in the fiche, but didn't immediately recognize "7,52X3,53" as 7.52mm X 3.53mm (forgot the German to English translation dopeslap.gif). I'll probably try the local dealer before I start growing my own parts. grin.gif

Thanks!

Archived