IGNORED

Front wheel compatibilty years

lather

I ran over a big board at speed today and bent my front wheel badly. Luckily stayed upright and no air lost. I am searching for a used wheel and from various listings it seems that R200 RT R and RS from 2005 through 2013 are all compatible with my 2013 US R1200RT.

Can anyone confirm this? Thanks

8 minutes ago, lather said:

Another questio: Why is there a bolt here? 

Evening  lather

That is for mounting the tire pressure sensor (TPS sensor). 

John Ranalletta
59 minutes ago, lather said:

I ran over a big board at speed today and bent my front wheel badly. Luckily stayed upright and no air lost. I am searching for a used wheel and from various listings it seems that R200 RT R and RS from 2005 through 2013 are all compatible with my 2013 US R1200RT.

Can anyone confirm this? Thanks

They appear to be interchangeable.  Confirm before buying.  Hope insurance co. is on the hook.  

2010-2013  #36 31 7 696 159  

2003-2009 #36 31 7 696 159

https://shop.maxbmw.com/fiche/DiagramsMain.aspx?vid=52026&rnd=09082020

Thanks for the reply. I was looking at Max BMW  just now as well.  Drawings on the two diagrams look different to me but it seems the wheels are the same.

Photos of spacers and seals look the same.

I see a decent option on an 09 on ebay. The tricky part with confirming compatibility is years are different from Europe to the US.

15 hours ago, dirtrider said:

Evening  lather

That is for mounting the tire pressure sensor (TPS sensor). 

Morning dirtrider. Thanks for the reply.

57 minutes ago, lather said:

Morning dirtrider. Thanks for the reply.

Morning lather

I'm not sure if this still applies but if your motorcycle came with TPMS (Tire Pressure Monitoring) you might need to make sure that the wheel you are planning on buying is a TPMS wheel. 

Back in the Hexhead time frame BMW used a different wheel for no TMPS & with TPMS so a standard wheel wouldn't work on a TPMS motorcycle.

But just to confuse (actually to reduce the number of wheels BMW needed to keep in stock) they serviced the non TPMS wheel using the TPMS wheel (TPMS wheel will work on a no-TPS motorcycle but not the other way around.  

Problem is, a lot of sellers just use the parts book listing & cross-reference numbers to list their wheels. So according to the parts book the wheels are the same for both TPMS & non TPMS motorcycles.

So bottom line, if your motorcycle has TPMS then verify it is a TPMS wheel that you are buying.  If you don't have TPMS then it doesn't matter. 

Morning dirtrider.  Yes I have TPMS. I purchased the wheel that I pictured in my post asking about the bolt. Also, I was able to see the sensor position sticker on an additional photo displayed by the sellor.

Thanks again!