IGNORED

Issues with F800ST cutting out.

chillinghyper

chillinghyper

Good afternoon all, I'm having some issues with my F800ST after changing the original clutch lever/cable to a Magura Hymec (hydraulic alternative). In the instructions it says to remove the clutch return spring, which is inside the left engine cover. I removed it and while putting it back together, I believe the the gear change shaft became lose. I put it back in place, got everything put together but upon putting it back together it wasn't changing into 1st initially. After starting it up, when putting it into gear it would cut off (while pulling the clutch lever back). I cycled through all my gears and it started shifting into 1st just fine now, all gears work, but when changing into them with the bike on it cuts off. I tried using my hand to pull the clutch activation arm as far as possible and still cuts off. I hope someone will be able to help me out and hopefully figure out, I haven't been riding that long and this is my first major "project" I guess you could say.

13 hours ago, chillinghyper said:

Good afternoon all, I'm having some issues with my F800ST after changing the original clutch lever/cable to a Magura Hymec (hydraulic alternative). In the instructions it says to remove the clutch return spring, which is inside the left engine cover. I removed it and while putting it back together, I believe the the gear change shaft became lose. I put it back in place, got everything put together but upon putting it back together it wasn't changing into 1st initially. After starting it up, when putting it into gear it would cut off (while pulling the clutch lever back). I cycled through all my gears and it started shifting into 1st just fine now, all gears work, but when changing into them with the bike on it cuts off. I tried using my hand to pull the clutch activation arm as far as possible and still cuts off. I hope someone will be able to help me out and hopefully figure out, I haven't been riding that long and this is my first major "project" I guess you could say.

Morning  chillinghyper

We don't have quite enough information to help you. When you say engine cuts out, is that an engine stall due to the clutch not being released at gear engagement, or is that an engine stall due to an electrical issue causing the engine to shut off?

Was the side stand up or down when you had the stalling problems? If side stand was down it will (electrically) cut out when put into any gear except neutral.

If problem is due to engine stall at gear engagement load__ Then__  if your motorcycle has a center stand then put it up on the center stand (rear wheel off the ground) then see if the engine will stay running as you shift gears with the rear wheel spinning.

Try to explain your problem to us in as much detail  as possible as we need to know WHY the engine is stalling (mechanical or electrical?)

chillinghyper

So I'm not the brightest bulb and completely forgot the side stand has a kill switch when down and changing into gear. I had the bike up on a jack when I was working on it and had the side stand down. I had completely forgot about it. Due to the frustration of working on it for a couple hours and then it not working, I had forgot about it completely. I looked at it the day after and realized that I was a dumbass and it was a simple thing. Appreciate the response regardless! 

• Like 1