IGNORED

2023 UnRally Attendance List Request

BrianT

7 hours ago, John Ranalletta said:

Rides suggestions and/or gpx routes for Ogden area appreciated.

TIA

John, here are some of my favorite N. Utah routes:

Mirror Lake Hwy  on 150

Wolf Creek Pass on 35

American Fork Canyon:  Mt Timpanogos, Sundance, Timpangos Cave on 92

Nebo Loop

People also do day rides to Monte Cristo Pass on 39 and up Logan Canyon from Brigham City to Logan, but these are not my faves.

In the SLC area, both Big (190) and Little (210)Cottonwood Canyons are worth riding.  I'm not familiar with Ogden Canyon.  If you are on a GS, you can ride up Big Cottonwood Canyon (190) and continue from Brighton onto the dirt and over to Park City. 

If you get down a little further south there are more great routes.  I would certainly recommend going through Torrey and up Sweeper Madness 72 , on to 10 then 31 to Fairplay on your way from CO.

Not sure if people want to share, but if you PM your Purgatory building/room I will volunterr to put together a list.  That way we can get a rough estimate of where we all will be, distance between us and the group room.  

again if you wan to share, great if not I fully understand

I am in Kendall as well.

ok this is what I have so far,
First list is sorted by your board name
the second listing is by location, so you can easily see who is in the same location.

Unrally2023RoomListing.jpg

Unrally2023RoomListingLocation.jpg

Ok for those that maybe wondering, the resort contains  4 primary lodges all clustered together, then a number of remote Condo's, lodges, town homes etc.
this is a map of Purgatory lodge, Kendall, Village Center and Eolus.  These 4 lodges are clustered together sharing one parking lot.  you can walk from any of these 3 lodges over to Villiage Center, Hoodies. very easily.

the detail is blurry, but this is Purgatory lodge, Kendall, Village Center and Eolus. As Whip noted you can be located in any of these 4 lodges and have full access to each other, to the Hoodies group room, and a large parking lot for just random visiting.  

PurgatoryLodgingMap.jpg

5 hours ago, randy said:

ok this is what I have so far,
First list is sorted by your board name
the second listing is by location, so you can easily see who is in the same location.

Unrally2023RoomListing.jpg

Unrally2023RoomListingLocation.jpg

Sorry I misread my confirmation email about being Kendall.  I'm actually in Village Center 512.  Sorry for the wrong info.

ok so we have about 57 people listed as attending
some will be staying off site, campground or VRB etc.

some will double up, so I am guessing we should have about 24-28 rooms and I only have 12 on my list

again it is not required, but even if you are staying at a campground or VRB etc. let me know and I will add you to my list

Dennis Andress
9 hours ago, randy said:

ok so we have about 57 people listed as attending
some will be staying off site, campground or VRB etc.

some will double up, so I am guessing we should have about 24-28 rooms and I only have 12 on my list

again it is not required, but even if you are staying at a campground or VRB etc. let me know and I will add you to my list

Am I on your list?

12 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

Am I on your list?

yes you will see your name Monday when I do my update

I will update basically 1st and 15th of the month

Susan and I are planning on being there.  We are camping.  I thought we were on the list but not on the ne you just posted.

5 hours ago, TSConver said:

Susan and I are planning on being there.  We are camping.  I thought we were on the list but not on the ne you just posted.

I will fix that now

• 2 weeks later...

updated list
Based upon a comparison of this list to the attendance list I suspect I am missing 10-12 rooms.  If you know someone is attending, and they are not on my room list, let them know to PM me.  
Thank you.

image.png.40bb718dc242c5b337ac421336ef54da.png

image.png.3b31d099f7465d30b3682cc485a3a8db.png

remember updated GPX files will be posted on or around 4/1/2023

these new files have a couple longer routes, and some city, food and attractions noted. 

final GPX file will be loaded on 6/1/2023.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

just an update, Since March 20,  I have received no new room information.

if you haven't provided me with your room information please do so, thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

a new/updated GPX file has been posted.  I suspect this maybe the final version.  It includes a lot of "local's recommendations" for food stops and interesting towns.

if you are new to uploading a "public GPX file" then I would suggest you go to downloads, and look for Bernie's excellent PDF file on how to import a GPX file. It is worth a read.

I hope to see/meet many of you in Purgatory.  As noted due to my travel companions, I am limited on daily mileage so I will be in CO on Saturday, but not arrive to Purgatory until Tuesday night.

If you have any questions on the routes I might suggest you get them to me before say July 15.

Again many thanks to all who are making this UnRally happen and i am looking forward to a great event.

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
Sir_Rodney

Tim and Lori Zeigenbein (TLZ) are attending, will be staying with Rod and Regina in the Kendall building.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
lawnchairboy
On 7/2/2023 at 11:53 PM, TheShat6392 said:

I'm attending.  Staying at the Village Center.  I'll be arriving Monday afternoon.  

make sure you introduce yourself!

• Like 1

14 days and I am headed out

be in Durango Friday 7/21

be at Purgatory Village 7/25

looking forward to seeing everyone 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

One week away from the start of the UN.  My kickstand will be up in route to this event in 3 days so this is most likely my final attendance list update.  To those of you who had to cancel, you'll be missed.  To those of you attending, I'm looking forward to seeing you all in 7 days for more fun at the UN!

UnRallyXXIList24.thumb.jpg.140c3b0bcf18faf09e27a50c30ae1b9c.jpg

ok I am now out.  My sister who I was very close with, passed away today.  She had been battling Cancer for the last 20 months.  two months ago we all felt it would be late September, early October. 

Unfortunately, she went downhill very fast over the last three weeks and passed away today.  So, I am headed off to Illinois on Thursday.  Everyone be safe, have fun, and I look forward to seeing many of you at next year's Un.  

• Sad 2

sorry to hear this Randy. Gosh - i will pray for the repose of her soul and for the remaining family. You will be missed..

Sorry to hear it Randy.  Thanks for the work you put into uploading the GPS routes and the room location list.  See ya at the next event.

ok so WOW, I am sure it was there when I reserved my room, but Purgatory is a 30 days cancellation policy NO OTHER OPTION. So I am out 1,000.00

So if anyone wants a room cheap I will change the reservation to your name and take 500.00,

arrival date is Tuesday 7/25 check out date is 7/29, but the dates can be altered without cost.

It is probably too late but I figured give it a try.  

• Sad 1