IGNORED

Senior gamers

taylor1

I don't know why, but my son bought me an Xbox for Christmas. I have downloaded a few games already and starting to feel my way around. A race game he bought for it is very cool. The graphics are amazing, and the races are very challenging to say the least. I thought I was too old to play games, but WTH. I read that the over 50 crowd is the largest growing group of gamers with over 10 million. Am curious if anyone else here dabbles, and what your favorite games are?

Lol, no one here is gonna admit it, if they have the gaming bug.  Particularly if they're say, over 60.  😏

All I'll say was that I backed into it.  When the internet was just taking off, and internet gaming was just starting, my junior high son was begging me to set up a computer for him with internet gaming.  I was an IT consultant, so I couldn't exactly beg off due to ignorance.  After about six months of steadying begging, I sat down and figured out how to hook it up for him.  Then he wanted me to play with him.  So, I set up a computer for myself.  We played together.  Fortunately, he lost interest as sports and motorcycles and girls and other young things captured his interest.   

Unfortunately, I never stopped playing, though I've stopped/started over the years.  Everytime I end up back to gaming, it's because my son has asked me to play with him. 🙄  We do it now 'cause it connects us regularly, about once a week, from 1000+ miles away.  It's habit forming, not a particularly good habit, but there are worse ones.  (Just ask my wife about the Mars Red one in the garage.) 😁

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1

Guilty at one time. My daughter had legit connections for steep discounts on consoles so I was gifted a PS3 and PS4. Was into the race Sims 'Project Cars' and GT4 (I think it was called). Participated in some weekly online leagues that were fun. Once I took stock in how much time I was wasting I turned them off and haven't been back. Although wintertime blues have me considering starting up again.

• Plus 1 1