IGNORED

A Sport Touring Harley Davidson…

TEWKS

Well, not really, but kinda. :dontknow:  Craig Vetter’s vision to jam the wind is alive and well in a company called Wedge. Now what really caught my eye was this Harley Pan America With a Wedge Fairing. Love or hate them, most of us at one time thought (maybe to ourselves) why doesn’t Harley Davidson build a sport touring bike that could rival an RT. Well, it’s not packaged from the motor company as a whole but, one crafty customer came up with a mounting bracket and added a Wedge fairing to his Pan America. It sounds like the Wedge company liked it and is going to make it a kit so you’ll be able to bolt a Wedge to your Pan America. Or, you could just buy an RT. :classic_biggrin:

10B86924-068A-475D-BBE9-DD2BAFE60612.jpeg

0C01F411-CEA9-465E-861B-B2273FB8612A.jpeg

RandyShields

The fairing looks like a slightly narrower version of the HD Road Glide.  With the weight of the bike and performance of the Revolution engine, it's really not a bad idea.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1

I knew a guy that put an old 80s Vetter fairing on one of the original V-Rods, it looked similar to that setup. Might have helped sales of the V-Rod had HD done it back then.

• Like 1
fourteenfour

I really would like a RT based on their new Revolution Max motor, granted with a belt drive instead of chain as the Pan America uses. 

The big advantage over BMW would be the self lowering suspension. Being inseam challenged meant I preferred to keep my seat at the lowest setting or even use the low seat but that meant I was very cramped in riding position due to the position of the pegs. I did not want to have to buy a relocation kit just to enjoy the bike I was riding. Fortunately for me BMW NA told me that BMW has no plans to offer Apple Car Play on that new large display which makes it the old brand of tour bikes without it; it actually is a Bosch product and apparently Kawasaki will have it as well. The fact it requires a wifi connection between the phone shows just how bad of a design Bosch created.

28 minutes ago, realshelby said:

Wonder how you see through that nearly opaque windscreen? 

In proper Harley fashion, form over function.

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, MikeB60 said:

Didn't think it was possible to make this bike any uglier but wedge knocked it out of the park!

I have always mocked the Road Glide guys for having a nice bike, shame about the fairing. This one just continues the tradition.

The Road Glide has now become the #1 seller, or close to it, for HD. Not for me, thank you.

I don't think the RT is necessarily great looking either, but it sure works well for its mission.

37 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

I have always mocked the Road Glide guys for having a nice bike, shame about the fairing. This one just continues the tradition.

The Road Glide has now become the #1 seller, or close to it, for HD. Not for me, thank you.

I don't think the RT is necessarily great looking either, but it sure works well for its mission.

I actually like the Road Glide I had a red 2010.2011-10-08_11-12-30_748.thumb.jpg.ae99e2a97fe77cda54f5ce9b85a7eaa0.jpg

I do like the new RTs better than the previous wetheads.  The look with the new headlights is much better.

• Like 2

That’s the beauty of owning an RT. When I visit my local HD dealer and park right up front my bike doesn’t get a second look. I like the anonymity of it all. 

• Like 1

I got to ride a Pan America over the weekend and came away thinking it has the bones of a good sport tourer if they pay close attention to aerodynamics for a quiet, buffet free ride while making it look decent.   Belt drive instead of a chain would be a better choice in a sport tourer.  It certainly doesn’t lack for power!

• Like 5
8 hours ago, Rockosmith said:

I got to ride a Pan America over the weekend and came away thinking it has the bones of a good sport tourer if they pay close attention to aerodynamics for a quiet, buffet free ride while making it look decent.   Belt drive instead of a chain would be a better choice in a sport tourer.  It certainly doesn’t lack for power!

Might be time to start stacking the stablemates.....:whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

WOW ... not a bad look at all and compared to the stock Pan America I kind of like it.  But having demo ridden the Pan America I came away thinking it was a good attempt from Harley but I was very happy to get back on my GS. 

• Like 1
On 1/10/2023 at 10:10 PM, fatbob said:

I bought this Sport Touring Harley in 1988, the FLHS Electra Glide Sport.   She also doubles as a heavy haul vehicle.   

94C5D502-7388-4E11-BEC6-5E29280F57E3.jpeg

Yep, strap it and go

8F876BA3-27E9-4F08-8FC0-0B0A61395197.jpeg

• Like 1
8 hours ago, fourteenfour said:

Someone was having fun.... this would work with just adding an adjustable windscreen

62612723_Screenshot2023-01-26at6_51_38AM.thumb.png.17d42abba75c54569a464133f377876d.png

I don’t understand the engine treatment but that bike is 70% there. Meaning it doesn’t need that much to be a contender.