IGNORED

100K Foot Ride-Wed. from KOA

Limecreek

I'm planning my version of the Colorado 100K foot ride and wanted to know who would like to join in on the madness of an all day, up early, back late ride across some of CO highest passes. I plan to shove off from the KOA at 8:00, on Wednesday morning and will be happy to lead the entire ride.

It is actually a little more that 100K elevation gain over 525 miles, but who's counting. crazy.gif

We'll leave Gunnison and head east on HWY 50, turn north on HWY 285, have lunch in Breckenridge, and return via Aspen, Paonia and the Gunnison Black Canyon.

Show up at the KOA Wednesday morning or ping me here if you'd like to go.

Paul Mihalka

Sounds interesting and I might be in. Is 8am early enough? Will we be back for the group dinner? 8am to 6pm is 10 hours. 52mph average including stops on those roads? hmmmmm...

Good point Paul. I wanted to say 7, but the last time I mentioned one of my start times (Hill Country Ride) I started a riot. grin.gif

Here is the other thing..it is all about what the group would like to do. As a group we can call an audible mid ride and shorten as needed.

Sounds fun, BUTT I'm not sure I'll be up for another 500+ mile ride by the time I get to Gunnison..... if you get my point. How much advance notice do you want? Are you planning dirt or all asphalt (me on GS)? Is it OK to just show up if I decide w/o warning at 7:00 that AM?

Can you tell I'm getting excited about this trip? Is that enough questions for you?

49769207-M.jpg

Ready to roll! grin.gifthumbsup.gifclap.gif

Doug

Paul Mihalka

Last year on my way to Torrey I did your route,but starting from Buena Vista on 285. Up through Breckenridge to I70, back South through Leadville, up Independence Pass - Aspen- Carbondale - Paonia - Black Canyon - Gunnison. About 440 miles. Started before 7 and it was a good day without many stops. Riding from 285 straight up to Independence Pass, down to Aspen, then back through Paonia would be a easy loop, but no 100,000ft.

Good point Paul. I wanted to say 7, but the last time I mentioned one of my start times (Hill Country Ride) I started a riot. grin.gif
Outragous - how could anyone even suggest riding before noon wave.gif

As far as I'm concerned we can keep it loose, planning wise. I'll have route picked out that we can modify based on the mood of the group and we can start gathering around 7ish and depart before 8.

I can't wait either.

Maybe I should call it the at least 50K foot ride. grin.gif

Maybe.

A couple of weeks ago I paid the Colorado Beemers the entry fee for the Pass Bagger 50 but haven't received my material yet.

Your ride would help me bag some additional passes.

Dances_With_Wiener_Dogs
How about just the foot ride. Ride a foot, then we call it a day, smoke cigars, and get drunk.
grin.gifgrin.gifthumbsup.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif
How about just the foot ride. Ride a foot, then we call it a day, smoke cigars, and get drunk.

Wife's not coming with you, huh? grin.gif

A friend of mine with multiple kids told me once his idea of heaven was for the wife and kids to go away for a week, then he'd lay on the couch in his underwear drinking beer and watching hockey. We all have our own vision of Nirvana, don't we?

bmwdave152

Before he knows it his kids will be all grown up and gone and he can do that for real.

My wife told me I'm getting cranky and I need to take a motorcycle vacation. thumbsup.gif

Did I marry up or what?! clap.gif

...iN... but only 'cauz Philly's in.. thumbsup.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifthumbsup.gif

Ditto! grin.gifthumbsup.gif

PhillyFlash

Yeah, me, too. Maybe.

The UN's first annual foot ride...

So what kind of Tee-Shirt would be fitting for this ride? tongue.gif

What comes to my mind is an image of Avatar (from the movie Wizards) kicked back with a cigar between his toes and a glass of scotch! Image modified only so that Avatar is now kicked back on the seat of a BMW motorcycle.

Yeeha! Stephen

Long time ago... when I was a teen-long ago... I had a T-shirt called "The Sandpiper".

T'was a small, round, bird... hangin' out at the Beach with a couple of Babes on his arm, Cigar in hand, and sipping on a Martini. That shirt would seem fitting for you One Footers.

"I did Sandpiper Pass. Elevation = 1 ft.

"Gunnison, Colorado 2006" grin.gif

as a logo i'd suggest!

Bender (the robot) from futurama would be very fitting... always smoking a cigar, and neve actually doing anything productive.... grin.gif

and if my butt is in any decent shape i might be temped to ride with you but im riding part of that route just to get to gunnison... gotta look at the maps

as a logo i'd suggest!

Bender (the robot) from futurama would be very fitting... always smoking a cigar, and neve actually doing anything productive.... grin.gif

Gawd, I just had a flashback to the first time I saw that show and something unexpected happened, Bender shat a brick, just "clunk", no comment or anything. I laughed so hard I almost aspirated my dinner!

Hmmmmmmm, cigars and whiskey are one of the few true cures for "monkey butt" aren't they?

Doug

Hmmmmmmm, cigars and whiskey are one of the few true cures for "monkey butt" aren't they?

Depends on the application... eek.gifgrin.gif

yA kNOW sOMETHIN...I'm just crazy enough to run with this thing..... dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifeek.gifeek.gifgrin.gif

I decided to modify the ride and shorten it a bit. We may have to call it the 100K ride Part 1 of 2. grin.gif It will cover 412 miles and take in McClure, Independence, Fremont, Hoosier, Trout Creek, and Monarch. If we are making good time we can sneak in Red Hill and possibly Tennessee.

The route starts at the KOA, heads west to the Black Canyon, North to Paonia, and then a lunch stop in Aspen. We will continue north and pass through Leadville, Frisco, Alma and back via RT 50 and Monarch pass.

PM me for a Mapsource copy of the route.

PhillyFlash

Well, I'm still a maybe. Sounds like a good ride. I'm still partial to my 1 Foot Ride. Maybe I'll do that one too, if I'm not too tired after your ride. wink.gif

BeniciaRT_GT

Depends on the application... eek.gifgrin.gif

Actually, I think it depends on the applicator

Sorry I couldn't help myself!!!

as to a one footer ride:

In, but only if Philly shares his balls with the crowd...Mine are a little sore since my new gas tank doesn't have a cut out...

yet

BeniciaRT_GT
I'm very selective as to who I allow to hold my balls.

Liar

One small snoot full of scotch and you pass them around like they were given to you for free!!!

Well, I'm pretty sure they aren't brass, but I guess they make up for it in sheer girth. crazy.gif

What kind of group have I hooked up with? I post a benign invite for a short little ride and the next thing you know it's a balls out, smoke'em if you have'em, don't Bogart that hooch.....foot ride. tongue.gif

iT'S jUST tHAT we miss you soooooo bad Lime...yeah - that's the ticket -- we just miss you sooooooooo bad..!! wave.gif

Archived