IGNORED

R1200GS Service Rant and Info needed

DonBernow

Ok, not sure where to start but here goes......

I have a 2017.5 GS bought new in late 18.  It has 11,500 miles on it.  So I get the GS drive shaft evaluation email.  So I decided to take it in to the dealer to have the shaft and drain work done, and while there figured i might as well get the 12k service done, have them mount a new rear tire while working on the final drive evaluation as well as the full 12k service LESS oil and filter as I had just completed that on my own.

Drop off bike (trailered it in as it was snowing), get a service quote for all of it (Turns out I paid $477!!!).

They call me back 4 days later (last week) and say its done.  Ok,, I go get it with the trailer (snowing) and bring it home.  Sat for a few days during the deep freeze.  Went for a ride today as it was 62'F!

Get about 30 miles out and the low oil indicator comes on.  WTF!  Pull over and look at the level and it is at the lowest circle.  I had it at the top of the circle (like I do with all my oil changes).  OK, just down a bit.  ALSO, the wonder wheel left/right no longer works.  Everything worked fine when I dropped it off.

I am a bit perturbed.  Cut my ride short and came back home to call dealer.  Wonders of wonders closed for the holiday weekend.  Of course.

Reviewed the paperwork and it has no mention of any software updates.  

They could at least have topped off the oil after supposedly checking the valves.  Also, any idea on the NAV5 and the lack of wonder wheel function?

Thanks

Don

12 hours ago, DonBernow said:

Also, any idea on the NAV5 and the lack of wonder wheel function?

Morning Don

Who knows what that dealer did?

How did you tie that motorcycle down on the trailer? If tied to the handlebars then possibly a wire was pulled loose. 

If the problem wasn't caused by trailer transport then the dealer should make it right for you.