IGNORED

Lots of RT's in the new season of Jack Ryan

Twisties

Cool.   I just downloaded the season on the laptop.  I though it would be just the first episode to watch on my flight home tomorrow, but it ended up dropping all of them.   :dontknow:

I sort of thought they would have put out each episode one week at a time.  I was thinking I could handle watching it that way without binge watching them all like I did the first 2 seasons over the course of a few days.  We shall see if I can be patient and make them last.

I may just binge watch the first two seasons as a refresher.

:yes:

On 12/25/2022 at 7:04 PM, Rougarou said:

Its a bit "slower" than the previous seasons.

I was thinking the same thing - Laura and I started the first episode night of the 25th and she made it to exactly the middle before starting to drift off and asking if we could finish it later. Watched the rest last night and it seemed like of the hour there were about ten minutes of exciting and 50 minutes of talking...mostly slowly. I don't remember the first two seasons in detail, but I feel like if they were as slow as episode one this time around I would not have made it through both seasons. 

I had watched the first 4 episodes over a period of many days since they were dropped.  And I queued up the next episode last night, and it seemed to have moved along more briskly.  So, I watched two episodes instead of only one.  

And the end of that second episode I watched last night, the story was over.  Which was weird because I thought there were more than 6 episodes total, but the story was clearly over.  

I discovered that for some odd reason, my streaming player had skipped episodes 5 and 6.  Here’s the thing: if you can skip two entire episodes and not notice, then it is not great storytelling.  Just sayin’

• Haha 1

Just finished rhe Recruit and looking for a good series.  Somehow I missed this one and just started it. I'm on Season 1 episode 3 so I have a long Winter of pleasant watching. Thanks for the recommendation Twisties.

On 12/28/2022 at 6:45 AM, MichiganBob said:

Just finished rhe Recruit and looking for a good series.  Somehow I missed this one and just started it. I'm on Season 1 episode 3 so I have a long Winter of pleasant watching. Thanks for the recommendation Twisties.

I tried watching the recruit a few weeks ago - I think I made it through the first episode one night, but then kept falling asleep trying to watch it a couple more times. I may go back and try again next week...first episode was pretty funny. 

12 hours ago, simskid said:

Think I'll re watch The Americans.  

That series was extremely, extremely slow, but good.

Watch Homeland if you haven't already.

• Thanks 1

Great!!   Now I have more watching to do, which will take a while.   I completed season 3 of Jack Ryan and, while waiting on season 2 of Reacher, I am starting with Bosch.   I have a ways to go.   

Then add in Homeland to the queue.  Oh, my.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Binge watched season 1 last week and enjoyed, having trouble with season 2 so not sure…Bosch is great, hope they spool up another season.  If not adverse to supporting Apple then highly recommend “Slow Horses” and Ted Lasso.  Biggest issue with series is writing loses it’s veracity after a while, aka The Mentalist without Red John and Sons of Anarchy doing all sorts of dumb crap.  Alas, I seem to be stuck on endless the CSI/FBI loop. A series on Burt Munro would REALLY hit my sweet spot. 

John Ranalletta
33 minutes ago, mickeym3 said:

Bosch is great, hope they spool up another season. 

I think Bosch migrated over to FreeVee permanently.  There's a "Bosch Legacy" season there already.  Not sure it's coming back to Prime as before.  Production quality on FreeVee is much lower than the Prime series and it has ads.

BTW, the last Bosch novel Desert Star is out.  Can see the end of the Bosch legacy.

"Slow Horses" season 2 is up on AppleTV.   If you sub to BritBox, some of the English police procedurals are pretty good.

image.png.f6685743154770111f53df844c313ff0.png

• Like 1

As the to the Jack Ryan Season 3 being slow...  we plan to watch 2 episodes a night...  first night went fine.  Second night we got to the end of episode 4 and couldn't stop....  it was a rare for us late night binge to finish out the season.  I don't know if that makes it fast, but I would say compelling after you get into it.  That said, not at the level of Reacher or Bosch.  I'd give Jack Ryan S3 an overall B.  Light entertainment, occasionally predictable, certainly not at all realistic.  Somehow it still pulls off compelling.  It's been a while since seasons 1 and 2, but I would agree, I think they were better.

Ok, wait a minute,,….are there people that have complained that Tom Cruise aint a Jack Reacher, yet have no issue with Honey Chandler still being alive?

6 hours ago, Twisties said:

certainly not at all realistic

Yep… without giving it away, that tunnel entrance at the end…. Nope

• 3 weeks later...

Finished all three seasons. It was good, especially the filming locations. The third season was my favorite. Any similar suggested series would be appreciated.

On 1/2/2023 at 3:50 PM, simskid said:

Brining this back to a motersickle discussion....didn't tom cruise ride a RnineT in one of the mission impossible movies???

This site still has motorcycle content? Are you sure?

:revit:

• Haha 1