IGNORED

Merry Christmas to all

Rougarou

Hope ya all had a blessed Christmas holiday with family and friends, close by.   Lots of things in life are important, but those two, trump everything else.

🍻🎄🏆

• Like 3

Ok the bad, and then the good. Anybody ever have a kidney stone? I got one on Christmas Eve. Didn’t know what was going on, pain wasn’t terrible but I kinda thought I was dying. :dontknow:  This started about ten days ago but then dissipated. Anyway I went to the hospital yesterday and it was confirmed. I smiled big time because it was either life or death in my mind. :classic_biggrin: 

So now to the good, I whined about Santa and his overload sleigh earlier. (Tee) Guess what…he ditched the sleigh and powered up the tail dragger and gave it another go around. He did pretty damn good this time! :yes:

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Pat, Been through the kidney stone ordeal myself. Sucks big time hopefully the ordeal is over soon.  

Nice truck, had to peek outside and make sure the big guy didn't drag mine up to Massachusetts!

20210911_113848_remastered.thumb.jpg.a9b5eb3f169cdb395d7a09be3aac792c.jpg

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Hasn’t quite passed yet but all is good just knowing.

Glad you're feeling better.  One of the most painful conditions I'm told.

• Thanks 1

Beer, now I never even gave that a thought! :dopeslap: Mike, knowing what you drive I figured you may have caught that. ;) Eleven months from order date, it’s only an XLT but I’m still feeling like a big shot. :classic_biggrin: Thanks again everyone about the medical, I was nervous not knowing, even though, the internet told me what was going on. ;) The doctors love that when you tell them you researched the internet and….:classic_blush:

1 minute ago, TEWKS said:

Beer, now I never even gave that a thought! :dopeslap: Mike, knowing what you drive I figured you may have caught that. ;) Eleven months from order date, it’s only an XLT but I’m still feeling like a big shot. :classic_biggrin: Thanks again everyone about the medical, I was nervous not knowing, even know, the internet told me what was going on. ;) The doctors love that when you tell them you researched the internet and….:classic_blush:

Wife's had quite a few stones.

The last one was real good.  We were headed to Louisiana, just getting on the road and it hits her in the truck (we ain't even made it past Winston-Salem).  She knew immediately what it was and said to take her to an ER.  I asked her what would the ER do, she said pretty much nothing except give her pain meds.  That's when Dr Rougarou chimed in.  "Well, we have that at the house, no sense waiting in line in an ER", so, I turned the truck around and started back toward the house.  By this time, she was on a first name basis with God, squirming all over the passenger seat, trying to adjust and make the ston move to a non-painful location.  While heading back to the house for the heavy duty meds, she wanted to stop to hit a bathroom.  She goes in, she comes out, still in heavy pain.  I get back on the road, within two minutes, she goes "whew, it moved"  All pain was gone but I wasn't turning around, we still getting the heavy meds, 'cause I'm not chancing 14 +/- hours of that issue.

Anyway, got the meds, back on the road, make it to La with no issues, next day, she's talking to God again.  Take her to urgent care, they didn't like Dr Rougarou's advice alone, so they gave her something additional to take.

To end this, she finally passed the damn thing, and doctor said "one of the biggest he's ever seen freely pass", whatever that means.  

I consider my wife to be extremely pain tolerant, she's hard, but seeing her put finger dents in a dashboard (exaggeration), I don't want what she had.  She's said she'd much rather pass another nearly ten pound kid out than have kidney stones.

• Like 1

They told me the size but I don’t remember the exact number. (thought it was in the report) But, average is what I remember hearing. I’m not sure why, but the two nurses at the station were giggling when discussing how small it was. Stones are funny? :dontknow: Oh wait a minute!!! :classic_ohmy:

Without pictures…:classic_biggrin:

C036534A-FDB6-40DB-8859-420141AB43D1.jpeg

• Haha 1

Wife just had one removed.  It was 11mm in diameter.  Had to be blasted from the inside first to make it smaller.  She said the stent was more painful than the stone. 

• Like 1