IGNORED

If it's this cold in Florida, how cold is it elsewhere?

2015 Blue RT

Lows w/ wind chill predicted to be 9 degrees this morning! Rolled the RT out & let it sit a few minutes & saw 28.4 on the air temp gauge at 9 AM. Fortunately don't need to ride it until tomorrow.

I know it's got to be a lot colder up north.

28x4 degrees 12-24-22.jpg

• Haha 1

We avoided the cold the rest of the country is experiencing. 48 degrees in Santa Cruz California on the north edge of Monterey Bay. Typical for this time of year.  Stay warm!!

Miguel 

We had a few cold days in Northern Colorado.  We saw -12F overnight, and a high of 3F the following day.   And our temps were mild compared to our neighbors north of us.  My sister in Rapid City reported -22F with winds of 30 mph.  

1 hour ago, Hosstage said:

For all you southerners not used to the freezing temps, disconnect your garden hoses from the house.

Just sayin'.

Duh, they been unplugged since before the first sub 32* temps were forecast :18:

Twas 5* here in the Cove this morning. 58* in the main living area. After trouble shooting the HVAC, found a burnt wire that leads to the heat strips. Replace, and we’ll have to see if it burns up again. Thats what I get for hiring a professional, shoulda just did it myself 

Wire looks to have been burned fir awhile. System was installed in 201933CAAE87-5134-438C-996B-1859FB5A97F6.thumb.jpeg.40f503e6886cc042fe09ba662f816422.jpegC5D61B3A-6121-41B2-BC1D-A2AFF0AF84F3.thumb.jpeg.3cbee8269c5001af6e5cffd2341d8998.jpeg9CBFD88C-40D6-4DF1-AF07-416320D6AFAA.thumb.jpeg.3a60d2152fd42fa2bb4c8890cf9cf874.jpeg

18* right now

25 and humid here : ) The coldest I've ever seen was going over Loveland Pass once in the 60's in a VW camper (no heat at that speed/altitude), we stopped at the store on top. Temp was 40 below, guy inside said the chill factor was 60 below.

1 hour ago, BamaJohn said:

Will 11 degrees both nites, the wood burning stove is a welcomed "Anti-BRRRRR" delight.....

IMG_6942.jpg

That will throw some heat!

• Like 1

My home town in New York state was 4 degrees in the morning. Now I remembered why I moved to South Florida over 30 years ago. This morning I woke up to 45 degrees.  A bit warmer. 🙂

MERRY CHRISTMAS 🎅  to all. 

• Like 1

Well, it hit -3F and -6F on Weds and Thursday in N. Idaho, which I believe with the windchill factor was about -22F.  That's as cold as it's been since we arrived in Idaho in fall 2015.  I've seen colder (with wind chill) temps at sea, but otherwise, this was pretty much record cold for me.  When I punched the autostart button to warm up the Ford Edge, it cried a little bit, before it kicked over.   We traveled to Sacramento Thurs & Friday, up Oregon's HWY 97 through Bend, Lapine, and Chumult, to Klamath, and it was around 0F to 5F along there.  Was absolutely nasty and icy.   We finally reached "balmy" N. California, late Friday afternoon, and it's been in the high 50'sF here.    🍻👍

Gonna be spoiled for the return trip next week.  Hope we get an Idaho winter heat wave, and it reached maybe, I dunno, 35F? 😏  I forgot to turn off my water when I left, but I have the house and garage well heated.  The neighbor's supposed to go over and turn the water main off if we lose power.  And if all else fails, I get to refresh my PEX plumbing skills again, maybe the drywall skills, too, depending on where the break(s) occur.  (Lol, I had to help my neighbor with that stuff last Spring, when it's 80 year old cabin pipes froze up last winter.)

• Like 1

"We're having a heat wave..."     Only 21F this morning, with a predicted high 39F.  Thursday predicted high is 65F....going for a bike ride Thursday!

Had frozen (supply side) water line Friday, Saturday, and finally back on Sunday around 9am.  I and the kitchen were getting a bit odoriferous.  Hot shower felt sooooo good!:3:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, BamaJohn said:

"We're having a heat wave..."     Only 21F this morning, with a predicted high 39F.  Thursday predicted high is 65F....going for a bike ride Thursday!

Had frozen (supply side) water line Friday, Saturday, and finally back on Sunday around 9am.  I and the kitchen were getting a bit odoriferous.  Hot shower felt sooooo good!:3:

Weren't you around when people only bathed a couple times a year:3:

BTW, longest I went without a shower/bath was 93 days......but we all stunk the same so no one noticed.......and when I finally did get in a shower, it actually hurt as the yuck came outta my pores.

Currently 15* with at 36* high today.

We gotta go clear out my daughters apartment.  The pipes in the place above hers busted and she had water coming out of the outlets and hvac vents.  Yea, looks to be a fun day.

Sunday was warmer... when I rode to church (30 M), I hit a low of 30.2, most of the ride was around 31, all sunny. I love my Gerbing EX 12V gloves (no longer made). Ran them on 8/10 and my hands were too warm. Also backed the grips from 4/5 to 3/5 halfway there.

On 12/24/2022 at 9:26 PM, 6speedTi said:

My home town in New York state was 4 degrees in the morning. Now I remembered why I moved to South Florida over 30 years ago. This morning I woke up to 45 degrees.  A bit warmer. 🙂

MERRY CHRISTMAS 🎅  to all. 

Reminds me of growing up outside of DC. Walked outside one morning & thought someone had stolen my car... then I saw he antenna aerial sticking up through the snow. That hasn't happened here. :)

2 hours ago, 2015 Blue RT said:

Reminds me of growing up outside of DC. Walked outside one morning & thought someone had stolen my car... then I saw he antenna aerial sticking up through the snow. That hasn't happened here. :)

I owned two white cars living up north. I lost one in the parking lot after a snow blizzard. I was never thanked for cleaning off the snow on two persons other cars before I found mine. Oh the memories. 🙂

• Smile 1

The first winter I moved to AZ we had one morning it was 28 and people here were getting parkas out. I put the kids on the bus in shorts and a tee shirt. 

• Haha 1