IGNORED

Which wires to new switch

Roymundo

One year ago I fitted some new LED auxiliary lights to my 2015 R1200RT. I purchased the after market lights off Amazon for about £55.00. The kit consisted of a pair of LED lights, wirering harness, relay and on/off switch. Lights have worked fine as they should.

However the original switch is corroded inside, not waterproof, so I have purchased a new waterproof on/off motorcyle switch, and now my puzzle begins.

The original switch has 3 spade connections on rear connected to the wiring loom:

One (yellow wire) to the trigger wire which becomes live only when the ignition is on.

One (black wire) connects to 86 on the relay.

One (white wire) connects to 85 on the relay.

The new switch is pre-wired into rear of switch(3 wires about 400mm long)with instructions stating where the wires are to be connect to:

One Blue wire. (connect to the equipment positive).

One Brown wire. (connect to Negative).

One Black wire. (connect to Positive).

I have no idea how this all works and don't like to mess with electrical stuff.

To avoid any electrical damage...Can anyone please advise which wires (blue,brown &black) on the new switch...... connect to which wires (yellow, black & white) on the loom connection?

1 hour ago, Roymundo said:

One year ago I fitted some new LED auxiliary lights to my 2015 R1200RT. I purchased the after market lights off Amazon for about £55.00. The kit consisted of a pair of LED lights, wirering harness, relay and on/off switch. Lights have worked fine as they should.

However the original switch is corroded inside, not waterproof, so I have purchased a new waterproof on/off motorcyle switch, and now my puzzle begins.

The original switch has 3 spade connections on rear connected to the wiring loom:

One (yellow wire) to the trigger wire which becomes live only when the ignition is on.

One (black wire) connects to 86 on the relay.

One (white wire) connects to 85 on the relay.

The new switch is pre-wired into rear of switch(3 wires about 400mm long)with instructions stating where the wires are to be connect to:

One Blue wire. (connect to the equipment positive). pin 85 positive to your lights

One Brown wire. (connect to Negative). pin 86 is the ground on the relay

One Black wire. (connect to Positive).  yellow wire above, switched ignition

I have no idea how this all works and don't like to mess with electrical stuff.

To avoid any electrical damage...Can anyone please advise which wires (blue,brown &black) on the new switch...... connect to which wires (yellow, black & white) on the loom connection?

See above

• Like 2

Many thanks to TS Conver....

Job sorted,

New switch wires:

Black wire connect to yellow wire, (trigger switched ignition).

Brown wire connect to black wire, which connects to pin 86 (ground) on relay.

Blue wire connect to white wire, which connects to pin 85 on relay.

Lights work now.