IGNORED

Is the Connectivity app incompatible with Android 12?

Peter Room

My R1250RT stopped accepting wifi maps from the Connectivity app when my phone (Realme 7 5G phone User Interface 3.0) updated from Android 11 to 12.

Bluetooth works correctly and the app shows the map downloading symbol on the phone but the bike TFT screen does not show the symbol and the app eventually says "Map mode could not be started".

I installed the app on my wife's phone (Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G Android 12) with the same successful bluetooth but unsuccessful wifi connections. Both phones connect successfully to other wifi systems and only fail with the bike.  This suggests either the app is not compatible with Android 12 or the bike hardware might have developed a fault.

All the app bluetooth functions operate properly: Phone, Radio, Media, Navigation instructions.

I have tried restarting the phones and reinstalling the app (Version 4.2.2), given the app permissions for Contacts, Location, Nearby devices and Storage, ensured the app has priority over other apps, that wifi, bluetooth and location are all on, that personal hotspot, Passpoint, VPN, Private DNS, Screencast, Quick device connect, App lock, Lock Home Screen Layout and Lockscreen Shortcuts & Magazine are all off.

When I look at the phone's list of available wifi networks after the bike has finished booting, nothing shows for the bike, so I added network names as appear for bluetooth "BMW Motorrad 06773" and  "R 1250 RT" but this did not help. In wifi Advanced Settings, I tried selecting wifi Direct, but the phone showed no available devices.

Does anyone have the app wifi working with Android 12 or know if the Connectivity app is incompatible with Android 12?