IGNORED

SOLD - :..F/S - 2014 Yamaha FJR 1300A - $2400 in extras - Under 22K Mileage..:

hANNAbONE

Selling my beautiful ceramic coated Red 2014 Yamaha FJR 1300A / non electronic suspension sport touring motorbike.
Meticulously cared for by 69-year-old adult owned and ridden.
No wheelies, No stoppies, No hard braking, No accidents or laydowns, No damage cosmetically or mechanically.
All maintenance is up to date and performed. Cannot tell it from a new 2014.
Lightly ridden the past few years as it has become a bit too heavy a bike for me, thus my sale.
Lots of added accessories & equipment goes with the sale – see below.
I bought this as my forever bike, but it is time to move it to the next owner for something lighter and more manageable.
43-48 MPG Avg. OEM Cruise Control, OEM Powered Front Windscreen, OEM Heated Grips, OEM Engine Heat Management, OEM 5-speed,
fabulous runner, ready to go coast to coast – needs nothing. Clear Title in hand ready to deal.

Reduced Price = CASH only $9600. [reduction priced.!] No Trades [Only PM conversations]

Call for Appointment : PM for cell # & email - located in Versailles, IN (SE Indiana)

Fly 'n Ride EZ-PZ via Cincy Int'l 40 minutes away or Indy 1.25 hours away

Over $2400 in Extra’s Included

~Yamaha Leather Comfort Saddle 2x position - installed

~Yamaha Large Touring Screen - with Laminar Lip - installed

~Battery Tender Lead - that also powers the tank bag - installed

~GIVI Tank Bag 15L & Retainer Ring / powered – strapless / no paint contact - installed

~2x RAM Ball mounts & 2x 4” leg attachments – installed

~Garmin 276C color GPS w/speaker lead & Maps loaded – installed

~Valentine One Radar Detector - installed

~Brake Pads - front & rear - installed

~OEM Windscreen - uninstalled

~Current Tires are 1 / 2 life left – installed

~2x Brand New Michelin Pilot Road 4-GT Tires – uninstalled

~Pazzo style Short Clutch & Brake Levers - installed

~Heavy Bar End Weights - installed

~Recent Full Synthetic Oil w/ Filter & Rear Drive change - installed

~2x OEM Saddle Bags Zip Liners - installed

~Saddle Bag Locks – installed

~2x OEM Keys & OEM Manual

~21778 Original Mileage

IMG20220626154956.jpg

0612201230.jpg

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

REDUCTION IN EQPT (VALENTINE 1 & GARMIN GPS & GIVI TANK BAG ARE RETAINED ALONG WITH RAM MOUNTS)

REDUCED PRICE NOW = $8900.

Cell # 5oNe5 NineNinety1 Seventy2Seventy6

Email h ann a bONE aT msN . dAHt cALm

• 3 weeks later...

Not to sound like a P.I.T.A., but…by my reckoning this is a $7,100 bike (splitting the difference between retail and wholesale on KBB.COM/motorcycles). I test rode ES variant at Beechmont Motorsports just east of Cincinnati and came away thinking:

1) needed a 6th gear; and 2) felt top-heavy when fueled up (full tank). 

The Powersports Store in Sharonville, Ohio (Cincinnati suburb) has sold three bikes on Consignment for me. They take 10% and work with you on setting an asking price. They might even be able to have their (individual) bike hauling guy (known as The Irishman) pick up your bike and transport it to their place for a decent price. I put bikes on CycleTrader and they sit there unsold; I place them with TPS (which also uses CycleTrader but has a buyers’ kharma showroom, I suppose) and the bike(s) sell for good money!

• Thanks 1

Cool bike. I hope I come across another one at some point, lot of bike. Great great motor. GLWS 

I know once you commit to selling you just want it gone, but another 45-60 days things start to thaw out and would serve you better on the value. I think your asking is reasonable if you were selling at the beginning of season, but agree with @CycleHead you might have to be a little more aggressive right now. All that said, sure you have a good idea what it is worth, its a pretty iconic bike, very solid farkle package, someones gonna want it. my .02 fwiw  

• Thanks 1
3 hours ago, CycleHead said:

Not to sound like a P.I.T.A., but…by my reckoning this is a $7,100 bike (splitting the difference between retail and wholesale on KBB.COM/motorcycles). I test rode ES variant at Beechmont Motorsports just east of Cincinnati and came away thinking:

1) needed a 6th gear; and 2) felt top-heavy when fueled up (full tank). 

The Powersports Store in Sharonville, Ohio (Cincinnati suburb) has sold three bikes on Consignment for me. They take 10% and work with you on setting an asking price. They might even be able to have their (individual) bike hauling guy (known as The Irishman) pick up your bike and transport it to their place for a decent price. I put bikes on CycleTrader and they sit there unsold; I place them with TPS (which also uses CycleTrader but has a buyers’ kharma showroom, I suppose) and the bike(s) sell for good money!

I can easily drop the price myself and not give away 10% of the total.

I don't need "another guy in the market" to let me know my price is right or close or dead wrong.

[And certainly not for 10% of my sell price.]

For decades this model didn't need a 6th gear and I have never felt nor have I looked for 6th while riding it.

It's perfectly happy sitting at 60 - 85+ mph without wringing the mill. Unless I'm at +70 I never even grab 5th gear. YMMV

If a rider is used to having a 6th gear, but for no more reason than just to click it in there - the 5 is just as good and just as / more responsive.

Now if I was gonna be riding the desert SW in wide open country - that 6th might mean something, but nothing needed here around Cincy.

Thanks for your input today.

1 hour ago, SD1 said:

Cool bike. I hope I come across another one at some point, lot of bike. Great great motor. GLWS 

I know once you commit to selling you just want it gone, but another 45-60 days things start to thaw out and would serve you better on the value. I think your asking is reasonable if you were selling at the beginning of season, but agree with @CycleHead you might have to be a little more aggressive right now. All that said, sure you have a good idea what it is worth, its a pretty iconic bike, very solid farkle package, someones gonna want it. my .02 fwiw  

Thank for your input -

I don't need to be aggressive and I'm easy to sit back and wait for the right buyer.

I'm not in "Fire Sale" mode - nor will I be.

The FJR is paid for and it is everything I have stated in the ad.

It will sell - when, who knows? Until then I'll simply keep tabs on the replies and questions and showing it when the appointments are committed.

I guess I am in no hurry....it isn't costing me a thing to have it for sale on any of these forums it's posted on.

I'm good for sitting back and waiting.

When it's all said and done - somebody is going to get a terrific motorbike.

Thanks for your input.

My best friend has the same bike. 5 speed. I know they are completely different bikes with completely different RPM ranges. Just for grins we did a side by side comparison of rpm with him in 5th and me in 6th. To our great surprise they were nearly identical. He had always thought he needed 6, but now is convinced not necessary. We also get similar mileage. His FJR is a good bit faster than my RT

• Thanks 1

Nice bike!  I’ve had two FJR’s, both 5 speed.  Loved them and put on many thousands of miles.  As I’ve aged I also gravitated to a lighter bike.  Good luck with the sale.  It’s a beautiful machine. 

• Thanks 1

Having owned an FJR with the 6th gear, it definitely wasn't needed.  It was more like an overdrive gear to drop the RPM's at highway speed.  I only used it at 75 mph plus while droning away on the freeway.  Otherwise, it was a waste of a gear on that bike.  I think Yamaha added it just to tick a box on the spec sheet to match competing bikes from other manufacturers.

• Plus 1 1

Price is what a willing buyer is willing to pay a willing seller. Its that simple. You can figure out what has to go into that equation. Book value, desperation, additions, pride mileage etc. It still comes down to the willingness of both parties.  I know Hannabone for 20 years, + his bikes are meticulously maintained. This is a great bike and in the right price range for someone who is a rider and plans to hold it and enjoy it for years to come.  For a flipper, only you can decide as geography sometimes enters the equation. 

• Thanks 1

Just to throw in my .02 since I did work in Motorsports sales for several years, your price is right where it should be.

The Lenders (banks, CU's, etc) do not use KBB so any reference to that source is moot. (The dealers only used KBB to assign trade-in value and justify the extremely low trade in value offered.)

Dealers and knowledgeable sellers use NADA due to the real time accuracy of that database..........and NADA gives the bike a market value of $8831. 

What I'm saying is the value is there and the price is fair.

A serious buyer is out there, GLWTS.:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

9Mary7 - thanks so much for the reply and reaffirming my pricing of the FJR.

That gives me great hope in turning this bike very soon.!!

Again, Thank You...