IGNORED

Options for Ram Mount locations

Rex R

Hi everyone,

I'm sure this has been covered to death, but my search skills apparently are a little wanting.

Where can we attach RAM mount bases on a 2016 R1200RT. 

Thank you ladies, gentlemen and all others

32 minutes ago, Rex R said:

Thanks Steve.   What bolt does that replace?

This should help. Just remove the bolts and replace them with these.

Steve

For-BMW-R1250RT-R-1250-RT-2014-2020-Motorcycle-Phone-Bracket-Extension-Rod-Threaded-Bar-Navigation.jpg

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Rex R said:

Thanks guys.  Those are good options.  anyone know if there is a mount that matches the 4-hole pattern on the f-brake and clutch reservoirs?

The RAM-B-345U or RAM-B-346U  are the only two I know of that are intended to be mounted on a reservoir, but they both specifically say they will NOT work on a 2016 RT. I think that may also exclude other Wetheads.  Check the Resources tab on the links for diagrams showing hole spacing.

The RAM-B-309-1U might work.

Thanks guys.  I actually have the GS mirror mounts, but that space is being reserved for... mirrors.  The factory wethead mirrors are pretty good, but I want an even better view to the rear and blind spots.    Unfortunately, there seems to be fewer options for mounting gps, phones etc with RAM balls than on many other models.

If anyone else can offer more options/alternatives, please continue to chime in

1 hour ago, Rex R said:

Thanks guys.  I actually have the GS mirror mounts, but that space is being reserved for... mirrors.  The factory wethead mirrors are pretty good, but I want an even better view to the rear and blind spots.    Unfortunately, there seems to be fewer options for mounting gps, phones etc with RAM balls than on many other models.

If anyone else can offer more options/alternatives, please continue to chime in

If you are buying the bike new order it with tube handle bars, that opens options.  see attached

22R1250RT with tube handle bar.PNG

On 12/16/2022 at 12:17 PM, Motor32 said:

This should help. Just remove the bolts and replace them with these.

Steve

For-BMW-R1250RT-R-1250-RT-2014-2020-Motorcycle-Phone-Bracket-Extension-Rod-Threaded-Bar-Navigation.jpg

Do you know the BMW part # that these replace?  

I'm looking for a RAM mount ball for this location and cannot find it in the parts fiche.  Looks like it should be broken out in here (32_2292):

B0006376.png?v=09082020

Anyone know the correct parts diagram #?

16 hours ago, Rex R said:

Do you know the BMW part # that these replace?  

I'm looking for a RAM mount ball for this location and cannot find it in the parts fiche.  Looks like it should be broken out in here (32_2292):

B0006376.png?v=09082020

Anyone know the correct parts diagram #?

It's the bolt that's left of the #8 holding the handlebars in place. You remove the bolts and replace them, easy to do.

Steve