IGNORED

REV’IT! Livingstone Ladies' Jacket Review

MotoNews

Published in: Gear

REV’IT! Livingstone Ladies' Jacket Review intro

A coat design originally crafted for weatherproofing in the days before synthetics has come back into fashion, spreading far beyond its U.K. roots. The latest iteration comes with contemporary options offering greater protection and beefier materials for a new class of riders.

Some years ago, my fella picked up REV’IT!’s Belstaff-style Zircon jacket—sadly, no longer in production—which became a beloved staple in his riding wardrobe. Worth more to him than just a piece of protection or cool weather attire, it’s become a part of his life, and I desperately wanted that too! It’s shocking that a modern, practical, handsome, well-constructed women’s version of this jacket hadn’t appeared by the time I had begun riding, let alone since. Many have tried and failed thanks to poor tailoring, bad sizing, cheap or stifling fabrics, and expensive pricing, until the Livingstone.

The Livingstone is constructed of unique fabrics stitched into a soft, abrasion-resistant, and flexible PWR Shell, equipped with SEESMART CE Level 1 body armor at the elbow and shoulders, a back protector pocket for added security (optional), and finished in two classic colors (I preferred the Sand varietal but there’s also Black). REV’IT! has outdone themselves with a chic, yet a pragmatic option for the versatile, dual-sport jetsetter.

RevIt Livingstone Jacket Review 2

From pavement to the trail, on- or off-bike, just tie off the belt and you’re ready to go. With a full-sleeve detachable thermal liner, two hand-warmer pockets, waterproof Hydratex mesh G-liner, and wind-catcher comfort cuffs, the owner of this fine moto wear garment will be able to move between three seasons quite seamlessly. Although, I would advise against donning this outfit during the hotter months because it was designed for temperate climates. But comfort is subjective, and you may find it comfortable in hotter areas, especially for cooler mornings and evenings, or at higher elevations.

Anything can sound good on paper, but what’s important is how the Livingstone performed in the wild. Out of the package, my initial impression was that it felt a bit heavy, but in a way that spoke of quality. The color was a greener tone than expected, but still very attractive. On the body, the fit was not too trim that it restricted movement, but not so relaxed that it would appear bulky. Without the liners and belt cinched, the jacket goes well from the saddle to a seat at a nice restaurant. The word that comes to mind is “smart.” Its engineering kept me warm when I rode through the fog in Los Padres National Forest, and I, surprisingly, didn’t overheat crossing the sweltering Phoenix Valley in search of altitude and pie.

Layered, the Livingstone was never restrictive or as anxiety-inducing when all buckled up as some of my gear can be. Donning only the shell, I barely noticed it against my skin, except in extreme sun. And, heck, I might dare to say the jacket even made me look hip.

How did my quest for the retro jacket end? Was my patience rewarded? Thanks to REV’IT! a resounding “yes!” This gives me all the retro vibes coupled with new tech and formed-to-a-female figure. If you want the do-it-all riding coat, with plenty of pockets and an adjustable silhouette, then the Livingstone will check all the right boxes.

RevitSport.com

MSRP: $389.99      

PROS:

• Well-tailored with quality materials
  • Versatile and comfortable for several environments and situations
  • Adjustable silhouette
  • Handsome neutral colorways
  • A decent length in body and arms (at least for someone petite)
  • A lot of storage, including a discreet Napoleon pocket
  • Removable waterproof thermal layer
  • Adjustable snap cuffs

CONS:

• On the pricier side, but for a reason
  • Doesn’t come with back protector
  • Not ventilated well for summer months
  • Shell is not waterproof
RevIt Livingstone Jacket Review ride

View the full article