IGNORED

Anyone have surplus RAM® Double Socket Arm - B (1" ball) Size Long?

John Ranalletta

3 minutes ago, John Ranalletta said:

The Long is 6" end-to-end.  Thanks.

I will check in the morning and let you know.  I believe I have one.

Rob

• Thanks 1

I asked my wife to look for the 6in Ram Mount for me. She came back with the correct part, but said she was only able to find an 8 inch one. 

• Haha 3
John Ranalletta
23 minutes ago, Indy Dave said:

I asked my wife to look for the 6in Ram Mount for me. She came back with the correct part, but said she was only able to find an 8 inch one. :beer:

John Ranalletta

The Ram arm saga took a fortuitous turn yesterday.  After asking and having received offers of a Ram long arm, @Indy Dave offered one and some other options.  A friend @Tasker visited on Sunday.  When showing him the new RT, I mentioned the Zumo would be higher when I got a longer Ram arm.  He said he had a collection of Ram accessories and would look.  

Yesterday morning, a text from Tasker read, "Check your front porch".  I did and found these of which I was able to mix 'n match componets that work.  Thanks @Tasker and everyone who offered assistance.

ps.  Never saw a magnetic platform mount.  It's old and the magnet barely holds the mount on a vertical steel surface without sliding.  Anyone ever use one?

IMG_9445[1].JPG

1 hour ago, John Ranalletta said:

Never saw a magnetic platform mount.  It's old and the magnet barely holds the mount on a vertical steel surface without sliding.  Anyone ever use one?

I have one that I used to put my radar detector in.  With the opposite magnet on the detector, it snapped into place hard and was very secure in the magnetic base.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, RandyShields said:

it snapped into place hard and was very secure in the magnetic base.

John, this is the one I am referring to.  It has an indent to allow for the magnet.  The one you are showing looks like it is flat.

rap-sb-178-300-1u.jpg

John Ranalletta
39 minutes ago, RandyShields said:

John, this is the one I am referring to.  It has an indent to allow for the magnet.  The one you are showing looks like it is flat.

rap-sb-178-300-1u.jpg

A second, closer look reveals the one I have is the same.  I mistook the shiny surface for the magnet but it appears it is the metal piece that is affixed to the GPS, radar detector, etc.  

IMG_9453.JPGIMG_9454.JPG