IGNORED

LIQUI MOLY

KeyLime

I’ve done a bit of looking around and the properties of this oil, Liqui Moly, seem nothing less than amazing.  
Has anyone used this oil and gotten an oil analysis done?  I’m not actually interested in using it in my bike, but rather in my 2010 E350RV.   
ANY input is welcome.   

7 minutes ago, KeyLime said:

I’ve done a bit of looking around and the properties of this oil, Liqui Moly, seem nothing less than amazing.  
Has anyone used this oil and gotten an oil analysis done?  I’m not actually interested in using it in my bike, but rather in my 2010 E350RV.   
ANY input is welcome.   

You may want to move this to the Bike Related Things forum and get a bag of popcorn.

• Like 2

There are several grades/lines of Liqui-Moly with different properties and their suitability will depend on application.  I use the 7100 4T 5w-40 in our 1250 GS's where a low moly JASO-MA2/API SL product is required.  I was able to Google up several oil analysis reports on various forums.  Obviously, you wouldn't use this in your RV.  

Personally, in a vehicle with a gasoline engine and no clutch in the same bath, I just use whatever meets the spec and is cheap.

2 hours ago, KeyLime said:

ANY input is welcome.   

Its good oil, but I wouldn't use it in that application.  Based on the info in the 540 RAT website I use Quaker State Full Synthetic 5W30 in all my Fords (2009 Grand Marquis, 2017 Mustang GT, and 2021 F150 3.5 Ecoboost).  Nothing has thrown a rod yet and about 23 bucks for 5 quarts at Walmart!  Here is a link plenty of testing and info.

• Like 1

I use Liqui-Molly 5-40 in my Wethead. I have had the oil tested by a lab and it proves to be superior in test results to any other oil I have used. It also shifts better as it nears drain interval ( around 7000 miles the last time) than other oils. As an oddball fact.....Liqui-Molly has almost NO molybdenum in it!