IGNORED

Where is this?

Skywagon

Battle of Chapultepec, not alot of people know stuff 'bout Marine Corps history.  It's what the bloodstrip on the NCO's Blue Dress trousers are for.  It symbolizes all the dead from the battle.  And I think there's a song that may mention something 'bout this. yut-yut  This be taught in bootcamp.

I've never been in those "Halls", but I've crossed the "Line of Death" getting really close to the "Shores of Tripoli".

Funky thing, every "dress uniform" style that we have is based on a "battle uniform".

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Funky thing, every "dress uniform" style that we have is based on a "battle uniform".

Sorry for the hijack David.  Ours, being the Army, are based on a whim from who ever is the Sergeant Major of the Army at the time. However, the "pinks and greens", a throw back to the WWII era, was a good change and looks better that the Army Service Uniform (ASU). Former SMA Dailey in the middle is wearing the ASU (Damn, I'm getting old, SMA Dailey was a private in my unit when I was a Staff Sergeant...)

Four soldiers and Sergeant Major of the Army Dan Dailey display the "pinks and greens" uniform prototypes on Capitol Hill, February 1, 2018. (U.S. Army)

I knew Roug would nail it. Although he didn’t name the song. It’s clear he knows by the hint he left. 
Not a hijack Mike. Military history is always appreciated and among my most favorite subjects. 

waiting on someone to name that tune. 

• Like 2

Is This what your looking for

Some History

The History of the Hymn

The origins of “The Marines’ Hymn” are hard to track. No one knows who wrote the lyrics. Legend has it that the author was a Marine who fought in the Mexican-American War in 1845–1847. But the song itself does not show up in the historical record until the late 1860s.

OffenbachThe music is a little easier to trace—all the way to France, or maybe Spain. “The Marines’ Hymn” melody was clearly taken from Geneviève de Brabant, an opera written by the German-born, Jewish-French composer Jacques Offenbach and first performed in 1859. There is evidence, however, that the song was a popular Spanish folk tune even before that. This classic American fighting song is truly a cross-cultural creation.

The lyrics, however, are all U.S. Marine Corps.-- see if you can find all the references below