IGNORED

Code Readers

57Pontiac

Just curious, as to which code readers seem to work for our R bikes?  I purchased  an interface cable and a Nexus code reader to compliment my purchase of the MotoScan app and program. However I was disappointed with the very limited information the Nexus unit provided.  So I am wondering what others are using, and their level of success.  

13 minutes ago, 57Pontiac said:

Just curious, as to which code readers seem to work for our R bikes?  I purchased  an interface cable and a Nexus code reader to compliment my purchase of the MotoScan app and program. However I was disappointed with the very limited information the Nexus unit provided.  So I am wondering what others are using, and their level of success.  

Afternoon  57Pontiac

Good question, I only work with the GS-911 but have worked with other riders with the MotoScan.

The GS-911 seems to always give correct info with good data strings & a great data capture option.

On the MotoScan, I have had riders furnish me with fault codes that just don't line up with appropriate BMW or GS-911 fault codes. Some seem correct & some don't but if you can't trust the fault data then what good is it for real or complicated diagnosis?