IGNORED

Side Cases

JamesW

Morning all,  I would like to find some side cases for my R1100RSL.  I know the OEM side cases for oilheads up to at least 2005 will fit fine on my early oilhead but I've never really liked those OEM cases and I really don't like what the cost is for a new OEM set as I don't see the value there.  What I really like are the cases that fit the GS models.  I don't know how the GS cases mount on an early RS  oilhead.  Maybe an early GS case would fit my RS without modifications to the mounting system I just don't know.  Maybe there are options out there I don't know about that might work?

I'm thinking about cutting back to just one motorcycle and although I like my FJR the BMW is my keeper and always will be.  It's the one I'll end my riding career on and then I will look upon it for what it is that being a rolling piece of art work to gaze upon with admiration before I begin the final journey into my eternal sleep.  Hey,  I'm maybe a poet and don't know it? lol..lol.. 

• 2 weeks later...

If I were you I would search eBay for a used set of BMW luggage mounts and pair of side cases. You could have the cases color-matched to the bike.

Givi and Hepco and Becker no longer offer saddlebag racks for your model.

If you had a tame welder you could buy a set of Givi PL189 frames for a 1100GS and modify them.