IGNORED

S1000XR vs F900XR Thoughts?

9Mary7

As the title says, I'm looking right now and am finding good deals on both.

The handlebar vibe reported on the 1000 could be an issue, but no one complained about the horsepower level:dontknow:

The 900 has a 270 crank which I like, and 100 HP is enough with the lighter weight.........

• Like 1

Hi! I have a 2020 XR900 have had 3 RT' the last one I had I spent as much money on it as I paid for it new. Moved on to a 2018 DL1000 Suzuki 20k miles no problem I liked the bike however at 87 yrs. old it got to be a little too heavy. I bought the 2020 XR900 put on a MRA windshield, and a Sargent seat raised the bars up and back 1 in. Have put on 25k since new zero problems great in the canyons where I like to play, I am good for 3 OR 4 hundred mi a day in comfort. but if you're into long distance day after day, stay with the RT. 

• Like 4
  • Plus 1 1
1 hour ago, 9Mary7 said:

Triumph Tiger maybe???

I like this new “Sandstorm” color. :cool: Not a bad choice, especially with all the forest roads to explore in the SE. :thumbsup:

image.jpeg

Depends on what you’ll be using it for, no motorcycle does everything great, although those two are somewhat similar in mission. I haven’t ridden either one nor really any of the latest and greatest although will say this, every time I’ve had a really fast bike like the S1000XR (K1200R, Monster S4RS, Aprillia Dorsoduro 1200) after the initial buzz of all that power I tired of it pretty quickly because you had to be judicious with how and when to use it which was seldom.and frankly a little stressful on public roads (if I want to go 175 or 0-60 in 3 or 4 sec I’ve already decided it’s going to be in a car : )

Personally I’d chose the 900XR, it’s lighter, likely more nimble, and better suited (balanced) for the roads in the east, especially the tight twisties of the Appalachians, any more power than that is useless there and possibly a hindrance as it needs to be constantly modulated (I used to keep the Aprillia in rain mode most of the time, was just easier to deal with but I know everyone is different in that regard). 

I had it's uncle the 800GS for years and liked it a lot, great in the twisties, adequate for longish hauls and plenty good offroad although know that’s probably not a criteria in this case.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
35 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

adequate for longish hauls and plenty good offroad although know that’s probably not a criteria in this case.

It’s never the criteria until someone ^ ;) ^ leads you over Black Bear Pass, after that, you’re all in! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Smile 1
On 12/6/2022 at 4:01 PM, TEWKS said:

I like this new “Sandstorm” color. :cool: Not a bad choice, especially with all the forest roads to explore in the SE. :thumbsup:

image.jpeg

You tube has several comparos between the Brit and the Bavarian, with Triumph usually favored

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, BendBill said:

You tube has several comparos between the Brit and the Bavarian, with Triumph usually favored

I did ride an 800 Tiger on some NH logging roads a few years back. Now, It took me near a half hour to acclimate back to my farm tractor 1200 GS. :spittake:

• Smile 2

So I went with this......

Attended the Dealer launch for this bike 9 years ago and had a great time........so I couldn't pass this up.

2014 Multistrada GranTurismo, 10,240 miles & owned by the GM of a nearby Ducati dealer.:5188:

IMG_0534.JPG

IMG_0536.JPG

IMG_0535.JPG

• Like 9

Congrats....thats an awesome looking bike.  Keep us posted on how you like it.  I've always had an eye out for one of those but have been a little scared off by rumored maintenance and overall height.  I'm jealous.  How do you see yourself using this bike?

S.T.A.R.T.of course:clap:    

How many days until??

Me and Chris(KaToom) will be out doing strafing runs after the holidays just to make sure everything's ready for the New Year.

Maintenance is not as involved as a Wethead, just more panels to be removed but it is all straightforward.

I'm 5'10" and the height is fine.

• Like 1

You’re going to have to change those tires with all the dirt roads just north of Ellijay! :yes: ;) :classic_biggrin: As far as I can remember, I’ve only ridden one Ducati, the one in my garage. Probably a cost effective move. :whistle:

36 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Probably a cost effective move

There you go........

And those are Pilot Power2ct's, Probably not for dirt roads. She'll get Pirelli's when it's time.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...