IGNORED

New (unwanted) header

lkraus

This wide header appeared late this evening. It takes up a lot of space and the icons duplicate functions available in other ways.

How do I get rid of it?

image.png.0170a141d9423e4fc793eedcf5c13892.png

Edit:

Never mind.  Signed out, restarted browser, logged in again and everything seems to be back to normal.

1 hour ago, lkraus said:

This wide header appeared late this evening. It takes up a lot of space and the icons duplicate functions available in other ways.

How do I get rid of it?

Edit:

Never mind.  Signed out, restarted browser, logged in again and everything seems to be back to normal.

I've had that one come and go a few times over the last few days. I assumed it was related to the update and have used the tried and true solution of just ignoring it and hoping it would go away ;)

1 hour ago, lkraus said:

How do I get rid of it?

Edit:

which theme is giving you the problem ?  Desktop?  Windows or Apple ... which browser ?

Theme is the default Novus Medium.

Desktop Windows Pro, ver 21H2, build 19044.2130
Chrome 107.0.5304.123

When the wide header appeared last night I first tried a different theme, but that changes more than colors and I was not sure what was normal and what was not.

When I returned to Novus Medium the wide header was still present.  It went away after logging out and back in last night.

FWIW, I changed themes just now out of curiosity and the Novus Light theme is showing the wide header and duplicate avatars. 

image.thumb.png.503005d2116f5232161aa500192b154d.png

When I switch back to my preferred Novus Medium theme everything appears as normal.

Ok, I think some of the "upgrades" have changed how the cache works which is what is held in memory and periodically refreshed.  The 3 Novus themes are actually the same core code, but the color schemes have changed via property sheets.  I've re-enabled a theme called IPS Default which is the closest to an " OEM " theme as provided by the vendor.  However, even here,  we've added the BMWST photo logo (edit)  and changed some of the base colors to match a BMWST theme. only the logo has been added but the background of the header has been left "stock white" as well as all other colors are stock.

It seems that uploading or "refreshing" the code for a theme fixes it.  I"ll do that now and see if that makes a difference.

You can try IPS default but there is no switchable Dark mode available from it and the Novus themes are the only ones that will be supported in the future

I was having no problems, then the header appeared this last time I accessed the site on my Android phone thru Google Chrome (5 minutes ago), it also messed up the layout of the pages. I restarted my phone and all good.

47 minutes ago, fourteenfour said:

yeah. novus dark is just messed up

re - set so you should be good ...post back if not

1 hour ago, fourteenfour said:

yeah. novus dark is just messed up

22 minutes ago, chrisolson said:

re - set so you should be good ...post back if not

I use novus dark all the time - I haven't noticed any persistent issues (just intermittent things as mentioned above). Typically on Macbook running Chrome, but also on my iPhone and iPad (also Chrome). 

16 minutes ago, szurszewski said:

I use novus dark all the time - I haven't noticed any persistent issues (just intermittent things as mentioned above). Typically on Macbook running Chrome, but also on my iPhone and iPad (also Chrome). 

There is another vendor update due next week ... hopefully this will improve stability.  I normally run an iMac with chrome, safari, firefox and opera installed .... And although I did also experience the issue once upon the first upgrade, clearing the cache seemed to fix it before opening the site back up.  And I haven't since.  Not to say others haven't had issues, I know they have. 

But even though I'm on/off the site multiple times per day  I rarely use my phone.  But so far on mine ...older iPhone 6S .... also no issues.

if I don't see it , its hard to fix ...:cool: ... so do continue to report any issues you may see.

I’ve got the same issue described here, double vision and also have the unwanted header. I shut down the devices and it went back to normal for a short time.

8 hours ago, fourteenfour said:

Well Novus Dark works today.. yesterday it made monster banner blocks (Mac/Firefox)

2 hours ago, TEWKS said:

I’ve got the same issue described here, double vision and also have the unwanted header. I shut down the devices and it went back to normal for a short time.

There is a vendor "monthly version update" due on Monday which hopefully will restore stability.  

• Thanks 1