IGNORED

Wonder wheel replacement question

profbodryak

Hi All. There are quite a few forum threads on this but not videos. I've ordered a used replacement for my poorly functioning wonder wheel on my '15 R1200RT and will be getting it on Saturday. In one video I found on you tube, this guy shows a disassembly of his left handlebar on a GTL but actually decides to keep his wonder wheel without replacing it. As far as I can tell, there is a multiwire going to the WW  (has white, blue and red wires as part of it) that look like they are not detachable from the unit. The link to what I purchased is below and it seems that there is a connector I could not see in the video. Is this going to be a plug and play? Is this any different on a 1600GT/L?

https://mototech271.com/products/2020-bmw-f850-gs-k81-rallye-round-multi-controller-switch-8549451-61317727498

8 hours ago, profbodryak said:

Hi All. There are quite a few forum threads on this but not videos. I've ordered a used replacement for my poorly functioning wonder wheel on my '15 R1200RT and will be getting it on Saturday. In one video I found on you tube, this guy shows a disassembly of his left handlebar on a GTL but actually decides to keep his wonder wheel without replacing it. As far as I can tell, there is a multiwire going to the WW  (has white, blue and red wires as part of it) that look like they are not detachable from the unit. The link to what I purchased is below and it seems that there is a connector I could not see in the video. Is this going to be a plug and play? Is this any different on a 1600GT/L?

https://mototech271.com/products/2020-bmw-f850-gs-k81-rallye-round-multi-controller-switch-8549451-61317727498

Morning  profbodryak

Here is a picture of the connector side of the 1200rt wethead lin-bus wonder wheel. The last 7 numbers of the part number look to be the same so it should be plug & play. 

wMV1yuV.jpg