IGNORED

Plug and play LEDs for H7 headlight bulb replacement

dduelin

The Suparee H7 found on Amazon is a plug and play fit in 2005-2013 R1200RTs. Though they are longer than an H7 they slipped into the reflector just like the halogen bulb and the OEM headlight connector clicked onto the two terminals. It took just a few minutes per side after I removed the side panel of the fairing to open up access for my hands. The back of the LED is just like the two terminals of a regular H7. There is no black box power transformer hanging off the LED bulb. The cooling fan is fitted in the front of the bulb in what looks like the barrel of a .25 caliber. I didn't take a picture of the beams against my garage door but I did do this after fitting one Suparee so I could make sure the LED's aim was more or less like the remaining halogen bulb in the other side. I fitted the other one and went for a short ride. The aim appeared good with a sharp cut off across the top and defined edges. Some LEDs have tripped Canbus errors but I did not get an error during a 15 minute ride.

IMG_2572.jpg

IMG_2576 (2).jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
On 11/12/2022 at 9:56 AM, Doctor T said:

Can you post a few more pictures showing the lamps working

I’m not reinstalling the halogens to get before and after pictures….. what other pictures might be helpful for you?

I think folks want to know if there are any issues, ie, error message that headlamp is burned out etc. Apparently can happen with some led units. 

I just burned out one of my halogens and and considering led.

Are you happy with them?

22 hours ago, dduelin said:

I’m not reinstalling the halogens to get before and after pictures….. what other pictures might be helpful for you?

Maybe a pic of the light pattern? I’ve added them to my Amazon cart and am thinking of ordering as well. They’d go in a gs that came, used, to me with cyclops LED lamps, but both failed within a year of my purchase of the bike. They appeared to only be a few years old/have less than 20,000 miles on them, and so I opted not to spend a couple hundred to replace them- but the bright LED light was nice at night….

I haven't ridden with them at night since last week so I have no update. In about 3 hours of riding they have not triggered a 'lamp out' on the multi display. As I get more experience with them I will update this thread.

I have swapped halogen H4s or H7s for LEDs in several motorcycles since 2015 and based on past experience I liked the beam pattern on the initial ride after installing these.

On 11/14/2022 at 3:29 PM, dduelin said:

The lights beam from the LED

5 hours ago, dduelin said:

EAB71DFE-DF90-4506-8F25-2B4462DF46E8.jpeg

Hmmm, all things considered, I'll take the lights on the wall.  They may not throw very far, but they are BRIGHT!!  🤣🤣😎

• Haha 1
  • Thinking 1
12 hours ago, dduelin said:

EAB71DFE-DF90-4506-8F25-2B4462DF46E8.jpeg

Thanks for the pic - even with the apparently bright wall lights it’s easy to see the beam cutoff from your headlight. Is that the low beam setting?

• Plus 1 1