IGNORED

Antenna Mount R12RT ????

decorbin

It was fairly easy to fashion and antenna mount for the R11RT's, but I have not been able to find a suitable way to put one on the R12RT. Has anyone done this yet? Looking to mount an amateur 2mtr/450 antenna.

Thanks.

I'm still looking also. Identical application.

Has to work with or without large trunk.

Hopefully I will have one custom made here in a couple of weeks. More later if the experiment is a success.

Dennis_n1kcl
It was fairly easy to fashion and antenna mount for the R11RT's, but I have not been able to find a suitable way to put one on the R12RT. Has anyone done this yet? Looking to mount an amateur 2mtr/450 antenna.

Check the link below, go to photos then BMW. I use an luggage rack mount with a cr270 both by diamond attached to a rear grab bar. The antenna has a slight angle to it and can be adjusted 360 degrees.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

A buddy built one on my R12RT that swings out to the right when the trunk is mounted.. You can then pivot the mount rearward when running with out the trunk.. Clean and simple.. When I get a chance I'll snap a few pic's..

That might work. I'll check out their website. I've used a number of Diamond antenna over the years and they make good stuff.

Thanks. Dan, N0DC

Would like to see the pics when you get a chance. That sounds more like what I used on my older RT's.

Archived