IGNORED

Touratech ZUMO XT Tutorial

Scott9999

I'm sure every rider has their own idea of what a GPS should do, and those ideas will often not align with mine. 

But...

The Zumo series has always been aimed primarily at street riders, who plan and navigate routes. There was no mention of pre-planned routes. Out of that whole video, the Trip Planner was mentioned only once (at 52:50), described incompletely by someone who has never used it, and then dismissed it as a "road-based thing" in less than twenty seconds.  Hellooo! It IS a road-based GPS! Describe it's strengths, don't ignore them!

8 out of 10.

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...
On 10/31/2022 at 6:34 PM, lkraus said:

I'm sure every rider has their own idea of what a GPS should do, and those ideas will often not align with mine. 

But...

The Zumo series has always been aimed primarily at street riders, who plan and navigate routes. There was no mention of pre-planned routes. Out of that whole video, the Trip Planner was mentioned only once (at 52:50), described incompletely by someone who has never used it, and then dismissed it as a "road-based thing" in less than twenty seconds.  Hellooo! It IS a road-based GPS! Describe it's strengths, don't ignore them!

8 out of 10.

I just watched the whole video and I thought the same about the trip planner.  But I did find the video helpful and provided some insight into functions I was unsure about. 

It was a bit dated as it NOW appears you can turn off the Helmet Law Guide that pops up at every state border crossing. 

On 2/11/2023 at 1:49 PM, RTinNC said:

It was a bit dated as it NOW appears you can turn off the Helmet Law Guide that pops up at every state border crossing. 

Really? I’ll have to do an update and see if I can figure out how to do that. Here in the mid Atlantic one can cross a state border often and it is annoying.

I’d really like to be able to turn off the speed limit alert but liability will probably never let that happen.

It had been this summer since I had used my XT, I booted it up and there was notification of 2 updates showing.

After letting them install I saw the “Helmet Guide” setting.

I don’t think it was checked, I left it unchecked and I’ll try it out on my next work commute. Thanks for the heads up.