IGNORED

Fuel tank refurbish, pump and filter refurb

JimmR75

I am trying to breathe new life into a 97 R1100RT.  I purchased it from the previous owner's daughter out of his estate.  It had been sitting for 5+ years and while it is in good condition, it was not properly stored.

The inside of the fuel tank was a mess. I have redone an RS and two RT's previously but pump plate and all components were the worst I've ever seen.  I had the entire fuel system inside the tank redone (fuel pump, filter and wiring) by Reto up in Canada.  He has done work on my previous projects and he is the gold standard in my experience.  

I need to replace the in-tank vent lines and cannot find a source for them.  Is there a kit available or source for these lines in bulk?

Thanks in advance for any reply. 

1 hour ago, JimmR75 said:

I am trying to breathe new life into a 97 R1100RT.  I purchased it from the previous owner's daughter out of his estate.  It had been sitting for 5+ years and while it is in good condition, it was not properly stored.

The inside of the fuel tank was a mess. I have redone an RS and two RT's previously but pump plate and all components were the worst I've ever seen.  I had the entire fuel system inside the tank redone (fuel pump, filter and wiring) by Reto up in Canada.  He has done work on my previous projects and he is the gold standard in my experience.  

I need to replace the in-tank vent lines and cannot find a source for them.  Is there a kit available or source for these lines in bulk?

Thanks in advance for any reply. 

Afternoon JimmR75

Not easily but you might see if Beemer boneyard has them (they used to not have them but possibly they do by now).

You need a fuel submergible 5mm ID   (30R10 rating)  that is fuel resistant on both the inside & outside, unfortunately that is terribly expensive even if you could find bulk. 

There have been some riders that took a shortcut & tried to use a non 30R10 rated hose but personally I wouldn't suggest that as you seem to want it back to safe & done correctly. 

• Plus 1 2