It cannot corrode faith.
It cannot destroy peace.
It cannot kill friendships.
It cannot suppress memories.
It cannot silence courage.
It cannot invade the soul.
It cannot steal eternal life.
It cannot conquer the Spirit.

Results of the tests that were taken at Siteman Cancer Center: Stage IIB N1 rectal cancer. Treatment chemo and colostomy. 

So far I'm one for one beating cancer. My odds are pretty good.

Early detection is the key. Get your colonoscopy and PSA tests done regularly. 

• Like 12

Bud, may God bless you, comfort, and heal you, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

Hang in there, Bud.  The greatest physical threat to a human being, particularly when ill, is emotional depression.   It's can be a natural result of severe illness.   You'll need to fight it, as much as the disease.  

(I hesitate to add much more, i.e. being presumptuous, but just know that you've got people on this forum praying for you, and sincerely wishing the best outcome for you.)

🍻🙏

• Like 3
John Ranalletta
1 hour ago, Bud said:

Good to hear from you Timm. Thanks for your encouragement. It's all good.

You're a fighter, Bud.  I'm betting on your chances.

• Like 1

I've been through stage III/IV bladder cancer and watched many others deal with worse cancers.  I can't stop cells from growing in my body, or tell my systems to somehow attack the cancer, so I don't think an individual who has cancer can really "beat" cancer, or even "fight" it.  Those are rah-rah feel-good terms used by the newscasters.  The only people that can "fight" cancer are the researchers and doctors who discover how to prevent it or devise effective treatments.  All that people who have cancer can actually do is survive the treatment as best they can. Chemo and/or radiation will kick your butt. Get plenty of rest, but be as active as you can manage to reduce the deterioration of your overall strength and stamina.

I'm also a firm believer in education and two or more opinions on the correct treatment. Thanks to many hours on the internet and some doctors that actually listened to what I wanted, I am still peeing with all my original equipment instead of emptying a plastic bag stuck to my belly (the "Standard" course of action).  Three years cancer-free.

• Like 3

To each their own.

There is research that shows that one's beliefs can improve outcome. So I choose to be proactive and keep positive. 

• Like 4
  • Plus 1 2

Bud... Keep your beliefs high.  There have been more articles and Dr's say attitude is everything than not.  I don't know you, but touched that you would post this.  I believe.  I believe you will work your way through this.  Faith and positivity is your friend.  Come here when you feel low.  We will boost you up.

• Like 4
On 10/15/2022 at 6:41 AM, Bud said:

So far I'm one for one beating cancer. My odds are pretty good.

Kick it in the butt Bud:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Just got some good news. Friday, 10 AM port implant procedure. Under general anesthesia instead of local. I don't like to hurt so that's a good thing I won't be awake enough to remember it. All's well that ends well. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1