IGNORED

New use for your old motorcycle tires

Skywagon

I have a pair of MC sandals.  Similar to those shown only mine are not held on by a strap through the toes.  Mine have a heal strap and a ball of your foot strap.  These are rated for high speed don't ya know.  They fit fine if a little crude.  Made somewhere in Africa where MC's have caught on as work vehicles.  Being a society which wastes not wants not, they soon found a use for all those used tyres.

39 minutes ago, Hank in WV said:

Saw those over 50 years ago on an all -expenses paid trip.

Was it in a beautiful lush jungle setting? :) 

That's impressive, especially how easily he makes it seem when we know it took many hours and tries for him to attain this level of skill. Thanks for the show.

Well, I'm flat out impressed by his ingenuity, both in making the product, and manufacturing the tools to make the product.  At the same time, knowing how labor intensive (and muscle taxing) his work is, I'm just depressed that people in this world have to do these things to survive.   Kudo's to the young man for his work ethic.

Aside: (Warning, "Sea story" coming ... 😏):

As I was leaving our church parking lot, a older Geo Metro passed in front of me, with an senior driver and his wife.  I'm guessing that's all the transportation they have in the world, and they are probably living in a rental (just appearances, I could be wrong).  I once bought a GEO Metro for a work car, got 50 MPH, ran than little 1.0 liter, 5 speed stick, 3 cylinder engine like a Maserati just to get it up to freeway speed for four years.  Saved a TON on expenses.  I drove it from CA to MA for a project (and sold it off there with 100K miles for about what I paid for it used at 20K miles), and I was "surfing" across the rolling hills in the plain states, i.e. slowing down to 45 or 50 MPH on the way up, and flooring it to 75 mph on the way down, only to slow on the way up again.   Mile after mile, lol.  I'd be pacing big rigs who would pass me on the way up, and then I'd pass them on the way down.  (Anyhow, that's an aside to an aside ...).   

Point is, as with sandle-makers profession, those little cars are all some good folks can afford, and they have no hope of ever owning their own home.  I was thanking God for all He's given me - I don't do that enough, not sincerely enough - seems like I always want something more.   I see something like the video above, and I just can't ask the Lord for another, single thing, other than in behalf of those I love.  I probably never will own a NEW R1250, i.e. even if I could find the money for it, it would be a foolish purchase at my age and in my tax bracket.  There are lots of things I'll never have, or never do, that were once important to me.   I'm just so thankful for the gifts God has given me, for the ability to EARN some of these gifts, and other things, just plain grace.

We in America are so lucky and blessed.

• Like 1

In the 60's 70's you could find sandals in Mexico made out of car tires, huaraches.  Heavy, but great sandals.  I was back there about 12 years ago.  Looked all over and could not find.  Maybe the hippie market moved on to Birkenstocks.

• Like 1