IGNORED

Junk Email

Skywagon

I have pop up blockers, spam software, dark web software, and I think a couple more from Norton on one PC and McAfee on the other. I still get tons of spam mail.  I'm amazed at how much free stuff I get everyday.  Just today if got these items for free which is pretty typical.

Iphone 14, CVS Pharmacy $500 card, SW Airlines 10 free flights, Wifi booster, Yeti Cooler, A year of free Rideshare, 8K TV, Tent, Solar panels, and a free hot water heater.  Heck I got all this by noon.  I can't wait to see what I get tonight and tomorrow.

No....I don't open any of them.  If it isn't from somebody I know it goes in the trash.  I've got every privacy thing checked and as mentioned tons of software to help, but alas I get roughly 100 a day.  I only check email about every 3 days.  If it made the junk list I usually just deleted the whole list without looking.

I use the unsubscribe option that is usually in the tiny print at the bottom of the junk emails.  Yeah, it often means confirming your email address, but they already have it, and unsubscribing eventually does reduce the spam.  I'm down to about four a week through my Yahoo address, one every couple of weeks through Spectrum, and less than one a month through GMail.  My wife has email through the same providers and receives about a hundred spam emails a day, but says she is too busy deleting them to unsubscribe.:ohboy:

Moving them to junk without opening them eventually makes them go there automatically without having to do it manually.

I've unsubscribed to many over the years, but for some reason I don't get many, maybe a few per week.

I get none, nada, zilch

Here's my inbox today

image.thumb.png.5aba6c4466a6a1c0a3cb2b6fe0d3d70e.png

Everything there, I subscribed to, while its evident I don't read it all, I don't get anything I don't want.

Mebbee, I oughta start putting my email on more junk sites. 

4 hours ago, Rinkydink said:

I also use the unsubscribe feature. It seems to cut down on the volume somewhat. 

Years ago unsubscribing usually meant you immediately received 20 new spam emails from places you never heard of.  Now however, the unsubscribe actually seems to work most of the time without increasing exposure to unwanted spam. 

The one problem I do see is when ordering online and _specifically_ not checking the email offer, I get email anyway.  But a later unsubscribe usually does the trick.

• Like 1