IGNORED

Wolfman Luggage 50L Zippered Expedition Duffel WP Review

MotoNews

Published in: Gear

Wolfman Luggage Expedition Duffel Review intro

One bag to rule them all, one bag to find things in, one bag to bring all the things, with the straps bind them. With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien for the paraphrase, I wonder if he had a big-ass duffel in mind when he wrote about “Precious.” But, if you’re heading out on an epic journey, Wolfman Luggage has an option to carry nearly anything with their 50L Zippered Expedition Duffel WP.

Construction wise, this bag is consistent with the rest of Wolfmans revised WP lineup. Its 840D TPU, RF-welded seams, and YKK AquaGuard zipper combine to keep dust and water away from your precious cargo. Included with the bag are both tie-downs and backpack straps to fasten it to the bike or your person.

Even as cavernous as this bag looks, I’m impressed with how much it can hold. It easily carries everything I need for a weekend of camping: sleeping bag, tent (with poles), sleeping pad, camp pillow, flip flops, dry bag of clothes, chair, and leftover room to pick up first and second breakfasts on the way to the site. If you need to carry more, the tie-down panels and loops provide plenty of options.

Wolfman Expedition Duffel Review Inside

The vastness of the duffel’s interior does create a couple of issues. If I don’t have enough gear to mostly fill it up, it can be a little floppy, making it challenging to secure to my liking. Also, even with the bright yellow interior, I’ve somehow been unable to find small, loose items knocking around the bag. An option for an in-bag stiffener (similar to Wolfman’s Rocky Mountain Expedition Saddle Bags WP) would help with the floppiness, but not necessarily with my poor packing decisions.

Whether just heading to a state park for a weekend or the heights of Mt. Doom, the Zippered Expedition Duffel WP can pack most, if not all, your essential cargo and keep it safe from the elements.

Wolfman Expedition Duffel Review 2

WolfmanLuggage.com

MSRP: $179.99

Where to Buy: 

Official Site btn   Revzilla btn

PROS:

• Massive carrying capacity
  • Plenty of lashing points to secure to bike or tie down other items
  • Includes tie-downs and backpack straps

CONS:

• No option to make semi-rigid
  • Can be tricky to secure if not “full enough”