IGNORED

Coming to our shores? Intelligent Speed Adaptation

John Ranalletta

John Ranalletta

Heard on BBC,  1 mph reduction in average, national speed will save 2m+ lives.  Believe it?

Intelligent Speed Adaptation (ISA)

What is ISA?

ISA is a system which informs, warns and discourages the driver to exceed the statutory local speed limit. The in-vehicle speed limit is set automatically as a function of the speed limits indicated on the road. GPS allied to digital speed limit maps allows ISA technology to continuously update the vehicle speed limit to the road speed limit. There are three types of ISA:

Informative or advisory ISA gives the driver a feedback through a visual or audio signal. A Speed Alert System is an informative version of ISA; it is able to inform the driver of current speed limits and speeding.

Supportive or warning ISA increases the upward pressure on the accelerator pedal. It is possible to override the supportive system by pressing the accelerator harder.

Intervening or mandatory ISA prevents any speeding, for example, by reducing fuel injection or by requiring a "kick-down" by the driver if he or she wishes to exceed the limit.

We had speed warnings on our work vans. The guys unplugged the systems because all it did was beep constantly. The company eliminated the audio alarms while keeping the monitoring system in place.

Just like the lane assist and other crap on the car that I always turn off, that ISA system mentioned above would get real tiring right away fighting me all time, I'd have to figure out a way to defeat it.