IGNORED

the Dog days of Winter

randy

ok so

no planning for START (no routes)

No planning for UnRally (no location, routes or dates)

so there is nothing to do, except ride in this gorgeous weather (at least in Georgia)

so ride and plan my Dec 15 - Feb 15 bike maintenance is all I got :-)

well my Uncle has decided his 24 year old Harley (he is the original owner) is just to big now, so I put it up for sale.  In a way a sad day, but also he just realized it is a new chapter in his life.  I think he wants a trike.  Personally I am not a trike guy ( I suggested the can-am's) but he really likes the trike.  Probably somewhat of a generational thing as that was the non-two wheel vehicle to own when he was growing up.  Trikes were the Cadillac's of the bike world as he grew up.

so this winters 60 day list

Remove the phone holder bad design on my part

oil change

radiator fluid change

front and rear tires

front 90 degree valve stem (rear is already installed)

redo the running lights wiring, not sure how but want to clean it up. might be a Chris Kinney day (he does not know it yet)  :-)

what is on everyone else's list for this winter?

• Like 1

Sadly here winter is so cold and snowy, no real heat in the garage to do any work on them, the bikes get pushed to the sides, covered, and forgotten so the wife can park her car in the garage. Then all winter I drive her nuts saying I hate living here in the winter because I can't ride.

So yeah, that's what's coming in the next couple months.

Jealous of you guys that can ride almost all year.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, the K1600 is due an 18000 mile service that includes a valve check and I suspect that I need to adjust a couple of valves.  So removal of the cam shafts is most likely in my winter list as well.

Looking forward to year two of being a Snowbird and escaping the long Michigan winters. Buying a Honda NC750X for down yonder. It will be quite a change from my RT but just what I need down there as I won't be into any big time touring but just some short blasts away from the masses. My atrial fibrillation 14 years ago left me with an average resting pulse of 44. With the required blood thinner, I'm cold most of the time so it was a no brainer. Wishing all of you well this winter, especially those in the northern kingdom.

Cam shaft removal is most likely in my immediate future as well. The FJ09 is coming up on its first valve check interval and commonly the exhausts are a bit tight.  Also will be installing heated grips while everything is opened up.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Rockosmith said:

Cam shaft removal is most likely in my immediate future as well. The FJ09 is coming up on its first valve check interval and commonly the exhausts are a bit tight.  Also will be installing heated grips while everything is opened up.

I would enjoy coming and watching you do the FJ09 valves.  If you are ok with letting me come down, let me know when, and I will drive down to your place to watch/help as I can.  PM me, thanks