IGNORED

Nifty tool

Rougarou

Picked this up at an estate sale a couple of months ago, new in the box, $40. 

Dewalt DCF582

Works by gyro. You can vary the speed by how hard you turn

• Like 1

I've had one for the last couple years at work, the tool guy gave it to me and said check it out, let him know what I think.

At first I thought superfluous and unnecessary. After having used it regularly, I like it a lot. Makes it simple to reverse directions rather than flipping a switch. Lighter than using standard cordless drill, handles many light to medium duty tasks.

Also, the handle rotates to turn it into a pistol grip, allows a little more drive pressure for some situations.

Nice pickup, Rougs!

• Like 1

I love mine - especiially for disassembling anything with a lot of screws. I have the one with the rotating handle to give a pistol grip option.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Hank in WV said:

How would it work if a screw was vertical?

It only works that way if you tilt your head to the right and tap your left toe three times.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 10/2/2022 at 4:08 PM, Hank in WV said:

How would it work if a screw was vertical?

23 hours ago, RadioFlyer said:

Your joking right?

To someone only looking at the posted videos, and not known anything else about the tool, that actually seems like a valid question as it appears the tool “knows” which way it’s being twisted in relation to “up” and “down”, but it’s really sensing rotation relative to itself.
So it would work the same way vertically (or any other orientation): you twist your grip/the tool clockwise and it turns the bit clockwise. If you twist harder it increases torque. Pretty neat indeed!

It's a pretty interesting piece of engineering, works upside right, upside down, backwards. Has pretty decent torque, easily controlled speed, adjustable clutch. And, a light to see what you're breaking.

• Thanks 1