IGNORED

ALMOST another oil thread (New modular helmet?)

Scott9999

I sold my LS2 Valiant II, which I loved for it's functionality and light weight, but mistrusted due to the jammed front bar issue I've discussed in other threads.  It only took me a couple of months to pick that one, so I'm raising my budget form $250 to about $500, and I'm off shopping again.   Helmets are about as individual a thing as any purchase a motorcyclist can make.  You can line up 15 buyers opposite at table with 15 different types of helmets, and you can get 15 buyers who hate 14 of the other helmets, but will swear by the one they chose, which of course, everyone else hates.  🙄  So, knowing that this is an impossible thread, well, why not ask y'all anyhow.  😁

My goals:

• $250 to $500 range
  • At or under 4 pounds
  • Pinlock anti-fog or similar visor system
  • Drop down sun visor
  • Already have a Cardo Freecom 2+ system, so I'm not really looking for a bluetooth installed helmet
  • Prefer high-vis colors, yellow or maybe white, but otherwise, don't much care.
  • Prefer a snap/click lock for the  helmet strap, versus the D-ring thingy (which, most helmets sold today probably don't even have anymore)
  • Good ventilation
  • High safety rated, of course
  • The 180 degree retractable bar is a "nice to have function", but I can live without it, too.  I definitely want some metal gears on the retracting bar mechanism, rather than the frequently replaced LS2 nylon/plastic jobbers.
  • A bunch of stuff I've probably forgotten, but will remember as soon as I put the new helmet on and go for a ride.

Come on, it's not like I ask for very much, right?  

:5147:

• 2 weeks later...

I like my Shoei Neotec 2 helmet.  It ticks all your boxes, but comes in a bit more than $500, though.  Your Cardo should mount fine, just a bit farther back than typical. The solid colors include white, and there is one graphic, the Separator TC-3 which is hi-viz and black, but it will cost you $100 more.

Check locally, and you may be able to get some better deals than online.  A local dealer of mine was charging $30-$50 less than online and provided great support. 

Schuberth C3 Pro

Might have to search a bit to get the color and size you want.  

I thought they were being discontinued 4-5 years go when the C4 was introduced and I bought my C3 Pro, but they are still available and less expensive.

As Geekmaster said above the Shoei Neotec II fills the bill. 

I've been wearing mine for 4 years.  It had the Sena SRL when I first got it, then two weeks after the warranty expired it quit.  All the guys I usually ride with had gone to Cardo anyway so I now have a Cardo Black mounted on it.  Works very well.  The Neotec II is VERY MUCH like my LS2 Strobe (modular, drop visor, ratchet strap, pinlock) that was my previous bucket. 

Not sure what you mean by "metal gears on the retracting bar mechanism".  Is that on the clear face-shield or the chin-bar??  I know the locking mechanism on both the Neotec and LS2 is a SS catch on a tiny SS cable.  Never had any issues with either helmet.

It's getting to be the season for deals on gear, making room for the next year's models.  If you have a Cycle Gear shop nearby, check with them.  That's where I found the best pricing on both, plus a Shuberth that's still in the box.