IGNORED

Instrument Cluster LCD freezing

Tbird

Hi all, I have a 2005 R1200ST 101000 kms  for a few weeks and the instrument cluster LCD info freezes as in kms done well all info.

Anyone have this problem ? the screen is not going black and is easy to see.

My ? is if it fails ie: no fuel info, and any of the other info it provides will the bike still run ?

Can you ride the bike without that info ?

As some times it comes back on ( updates the info ) and when stop and restart bike its all up to date.

Thanks for any help....

6 hours ago, Tbird said:

Hi all, I have a 2005 R1200ST 101000 kms  for a few weeks and the instrument cluster LCD info freezes as in kms done well all info.

Anyone have this problem ? the screen is not going black and is easy to see.

My ? is if it fails ie: no fuel info, and any of the other info it provides will the bike still run ?

Can you ride the bike without that info ?

As some times it comes back on ( updates the info ) and when stop and restart bike its all up to date.

Thanks for any help....

Morning Tbird

In most cases a problem with the dash will not effect the engine running or riding ability. But it sort of depends on WHY the dash is freezing up. 

If it is an internal dash readout issue then there should be no problem to keep on riding.

If the problem is a CAN (CanBus) issue then it's possible there could also be other engine related issues to go along with that CAN issue.  

1 hour ago, dirtrider said:

Morning Tbird

In most cases a problem with the dash will not effect the engine running or riding ability. But it sort of depends on WHY the dash is freezing up. 

If it is an internal dash readout issue then there should be no problem to keep on riding.

If the problem is a CAN (CanBus) issue then it's possible there could also be other engine related issues to go along with that CAN issue.  

Dirtrider thanks for the info, the rest of the bike seems to be running ok. So it seems like a wait and see thing as in if any thing else shows up.

I gave it a service as in oil / filter change, new air filter & spark plugs, adjusted the valves, gear / transmission oil change, brake fluid came up good with a test on it, but it will get change later in the year.

A few other things need looking at ie: back end oil and so on. 

Again thanks...