IGNORED

Strange Coincidences

David

A friend of mine had an interesting experience on a group ride the other day. There were six of them (I think), all on BMWs. They came across this guy (Dave?) in Nevada on an '04 1150RT who was weaving all over the place. They thought at first that he was drunk, but as they got closer it was obvious that something was wrong with the rear tire.

They signaled that to him and he pulled over. The bike was new to him and he didn't have any repair equipment with him, so they used their stuff to plug his rear tire.

They were all on rented BMWs (they all ride Harleys back in Missiouri), but it was quite a coincidence to be able to help a BMW rider...when they didn't normally ride BMWs.

It's a strange, strange world. tongue.gif

They were all on rented BMWs (they all ride Harleys back in Missiouri)

Surely not.

According to reports on this board, Harley riders seldom stop to help anyone.

They must have read the BMW rider's code of ethics before beginning their trip. tongue.gif

Lets_Play_Two
They were all on rented BMWs (they all ride Harleys back in Missiouri), but it was quite a coincidence to be able to help a BMW rider...when they didn't normally ride BMWs.

OMG!!!! not Harley riders!!!!

ghaverkamp
According to reports on this board, Harley riders seldom stop to help anyone.

I thought they didn't wave.

I actually got waved down and stopped to help a guy (missed the brand; some sort of sportbike) who was broken down the other day. It must be in the air. I wasn't but a mile from home, and he wasn't but about a mile from his friend's home he was visiting. He hopped on the back of the scooter, declared, "This is comfy," and we rode on.

I wasn't on a BMW. Or a Harley.

ericfoerster

It's a strange, strange world.

No, it's a good world thumbsup.gif

Good on your buddies for helping out.

He hopped on the back of the scooter, declared, "This is comfy," and we rode on.

I wasn't on a BMW. Or a Harley.

You meet the nicest people on a Burgman! grin.gif
Jerry_75_Guy

smile.gif Yep, and sometimes small; this thread reminds me of a meeting I had last Fall in Yellowstone.

My wife and I drove (yuck tongue.gif) from Indy out to the park last Sept. I groused the whole way about how much more fun it would have been to go on the RT, but she was having none of it.

The second day in the park I saw a couple of guys roll in, one on an RT, the other on a GS, each with Utah plates and IBA plaques (just to further set the mood the constant mist was beginning to turn to snow: geeze!, those 'Beemer' guys thumbsup.gif). Having just completed my SS1K prior to the trip, and seriously 'jonesing' for some cycle related communion, I started up a conversation by asking how long they had to wait for their IBA certs.

Long story short, it turns out the GS rider is the brother of the maint. manager (and friend of mine) at the 'now defunct' Indy BMW dealership eek.gif What are the chances?!

Two weeks later he rides out from Utah to visit, and he (now on his RT; rough life smirk.gif) the ex maint. manager and I, all ride down to do Deal's Gap and the BRP, etc.

Yep, small and strange, but in a good way thumbsup.gif

Archived