IGNORED

2006 R1200RT Hesitation / stumbling when accelerating at speed

Roy in SC

Long story short here.  Great bike but not without issues.  Final Drive went out 7 years ago which I replaced with a new drive from Touring Sport in Greenville.  Sorry to say they are no longer in business.  2 years ago the transmission started whining and would jump out of gear.  I contacted several locations including Tom Cutter who provided me with the best overview. of the issue and my best options.  Based on time constraints, I purchased a used transmission with 35K miles on it.  My RT now has 80K on it.  I took apart the bike, separating the front and rear frame sections and replaced the transmission.  Obviously, many parts had to be removed, disconnected, moved, etc.  I had fuel delivery issues after reassembling the bike, and thought I had resolved them over time.  The other day I went on a quick trip to a parts store about 50 miles away.  I took the freeway part of the way.  I snapped open the throttle at at 70 mph to get around a truck and the bike hesitated and stumbled.  If I roll on the throttle, this occurs but nowhere near as pronounced.  I keep the bike in my basement tool room and never see a drop of any fluid or any odors such as leaking fuel.  I did replace the fittings on the tank as they had started to weep about a year ago.  The GS911 does not report any issues other than my non functional Rear ESA.  Original Fuel Strip, never an issue there.  I tried the turn on the key and roll the throttle open and closed 3 times to reset the Throttle Position Sensors. Any thoughts on what could be causing this issue?  Thanks

One of the coils was bad and was replaced, last year which lead me to believe I had resolved the issue.  I will verify again to make sure all 4 are functional.  The comment from Rocketman makes sense as the issue is more prevalent when accelerating quickly.  The bike is always kept indoors, but plastic parts are plastic parts and do not last forever.