IGNORED

Windshield problem

legarem

Hello. The windshield on my bike doesn't go up and down. The motor works when I operate the switch. Is there a link between the motor and the windshield which can be faulty ?  Do someone had this problem ?  Thanks

Was the bike in the BMW shop for service recently?   

Mine ('19 RT) was in for a 6k or the first 12k (cannot remember) and when I rode off, the wind screen did not go up automatically. I did not really notice it right away as it never dawned on me until the next morning.  I thought the tech lowered and left it there.  I believe when they hooked up the computer and did some updates, it may have taken a few operations for it to return to normal.

I read somewhere to cycle it up, then down and it will re-learn the limits.   After a few commute trips, it returned to auto mode on its own and settle where I keep it below the max up position.  Not sure if the trick worked or not.  There could be a GS-911 function, but perhaps someone more knowledgeable (a lot more) will have a concrete answer for you.

Yes, there are some "links" in there. With pins in them that could have come loose. You can remove the screen, then remove the triangle shaped hard plastic part that the windshield sits on ( just lifts off) and you can see the linkage a bit better.