IGNORED

Lost One to a deer

Skywagon

I have been a member of the Houston BMW club since 2007.  It is a very active ride club.  There is a ride out nearly every week and sometimes more than once a week.  One of the gentlemen who puts significant energy into planning rides, mapping out rides and distributing files, planned a ride to Arkansas last week.  I was seriously planning on going, but didn't want my first ride of the season to be a wet one.  I cancelled.  He has been a ride master planner and safety officer for a long time.  If you ride crazy on a ride out, he will make you leave.  He is a very safe rider.

On the ride not too far from Little Rock, he hit a deer.  He is in the hospital in a coma and due to extensive brain damage and evaluation by neurologist(2), he is not expected to make it.  His family is in the process of making the final decisions.  Once I know the final outcome, barring a miracle, I will publish more.

Deer and wild hog season is year-round in Texas and I suspect other places too. I've come very very close to smacking a deer a couple of times.  Be careful out there, sometimes the element of surprise is just too much to overcome.

• Sad 5

Prayers up, for the gentleman.🙏    I could make a few wisecracks about the deer around here, but not the time.  Some family's world as they knew it, just ended. 

God bless 'em all.

HIs family made the call today to unplug him.  It's just a matter of time now - he will be leaving us.  What a waste of a really good person.  Never saw him without a smile.   Thanks all.

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 4

Well today he passed.  The Houston BMW club is planning a salute for him.  He was our Ridemeister for several years.  Tarek Ghazi.  No one more dedicated to the brand, the ride, and safety. He was a Stanford Grad in geology. He leaves behind a wife and a large family.  I'll post some pictures later of the BMW participation in the service.

Tomorrow will the 19 years since my mom passed from Alzheimers and exactly 30 years since my best friend and college room mate decided to eat a bullet.  Hug your friends and family as it won't last forever.

Tonight...Jack Daniels and I are going to get reacquainted.  Haven't touched the stuff in a decade or longer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 5

Sorry to read this and condolences for the loss of a friend and fellow rider.  

I too experienced the loss of an old high school friend about a month ago,  The situation of his crash and final death were quite different which spanned a year, but the result was the same.  The only thing I can say take some comfort in knowing these friends and fellow rider dieds while doing what they found joy in.

Thanks all. His body is being flown back to Houston tomorrow and he will be buried tomorrow.  The wife has asked the Houston club to ride their bikes to the funeral in full gear in honor of him. Twenty have signed up so far.