IGNORED

96rt

rol1

There are three of those rocker switches in the dash. One is the hazard lights, one is heated grips, one kills the ABS lights temporarily if they start to blink.

12 hours ago, rol1 said:

These were in the fairing. The round blue plug has brn and a blk wires. The one with the flat black plug has a brn and a yellow/violet. 

Morning rol1

The switch with the blue connector is the ABS (dash light) cancel switch. 

The other switch switch (on left in picture) looks to be the hazard light (4 way flasher) switch. 

The heated grip switch has a 3 wire connector. 

Both these switches only have 2 wires. They seem to be press to make a temporary contact. Push the ABS to turn off the ABS, and press it again to turn it back on? The light is on when the ABS is disabled? Or the light is normally on when the ABS is enabled? OK, I read Jim’s post that say if the ABS error light is flashing that pressing it will turn off the light.

I see that the turn signals are split between the bars and the cancel  on the right. Does the 4way flasher also connect to the turn signal module? Push once to start flashing the turn signals, and push again to turn them off again?

thanks for your expertise. 

12 hours ago, rol1 said:

Both these switches only have 2 wires. They seem to be press to make a temporary contact. Push the ABS to turn off the ABS, and press it again to turn it back on? The light is on when the ABS is disabled? Or the light is normally on when the ABS is enabled? OK, I read Jim’s post that say if the ABS error light is flashing that pressing it will turn off the light.

I see that the turn signals are split between the bars and the cancel  on the right. Does the 4way flasher also connect to the turn signal module? Push once to start flashing the turn signals, and push again to turn them off again?

thanks for your expertise. 

Morning Rol1

On the hazard (4 way flashers), first turn ignition switch to ON, then push the hazard light switch (that will turn the flashers on) , then you can turn the ignition switch off & the flashers will remain operating. Just push the hazard light switch again to cancel. Yes, switch hooks to the T/S module.

On the ABS switch, that works differently on the 1100 between the GS  & the R or RT. On the R or RT it only turns the dash warning light off for 4-1/2 minutes (rider acknowledgment of ABS failure) then the warning lights come back on again. The ABS switch can also used to re-set the ABS system when used in conjunction with grounding a pin in the diagnostic connector.