IGNORED

NEBDR

TEWKS

Kicking this idea around for next summer. It’s a long video so you probably won’t be interested unless you’re interested. :spittake: Neat as they got up into my area and I recognized some of the landscape. I will admit, I’d take most of the go around roads on some of the nasty sections up north.

• Like 2

Looks like a great route Pat, hope you get to do it. It's long at 1400 mi/9 days, heck you might want to split it up and knock out the southern half this Fall if you have time then maybe the rest next year or even 3 segments since you’re fairly close.  I think a few CADS did it last year or the year before, I’ll ask at the next meeting and get some feedback. Also if you’re looking for another rider we know one in NJ that might be up for part or all of it, good guy and a good rider.

One of our guys pre rode some of the Trans-Fla (Nov 19-20) today to verify big bike compatibility and sent back this pic. Looks like the sand was packed down pretty nice : )

4F6582BF-6C20-4B5E-8139-0D303126D9DB.jpeg

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, LBump said:

Hummmm...

I don’t do a lot of sand up here in PNW, but do I recall that you want to keep weight off the front wheel and power through that? Should work fine on your glass smooth stuff, right? 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, szurszewski said:

I don’t do a lot of sand up here in PNW, but do I recall that you want to keep weight off the front wheel and power through that? Should work fine, right? 

What could go wrong?

Sand.. it’s what’s for breakfast..

Pat I talked to Dan’s (the guy in NJ) cousin at the meeting tonight, they’ve ridden the NEBDR and liked it a lot. He said Dan would probably be up for doing some of it with you if you want. He did the Barstow to Vegas route on a GS  : )

• Like 2

Heck... this would be a good ride to do. :ohboy:

Who's planning on going?? 

Hotel or camping?

Moderators might want to shift this to 'Ride Planning' :dontknow:

1 minute ago, LBump said:

Hotel or camping?

I’d probably say both. One night on the ground and then one night in a bed. :thumbsup: I best start mapping this out! :yes:

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TEWKS said:

I’d probably say both. One night on the ground and then one night in a bed. :thumbsup: I best start mapping this out! :yes:

BDR organization has everything you need.  Map(s), GPS Tracks etc. though it's a good idea to plan earlier, like now...

So who's going to commit to this ride??  Should be a bit insane... :ohboy:

• Like 1

Larry, are you in Massachusetts right now? I’m going to hit a speck of the NEBDR (I believe anyway) on Sunday going out to Curtis BBQ in Putney VT. His daughter took over the operation after Curtis passed away. Figured I’d see if the charm of the place still exists. 

My BDR (Barbecue Devouring Ride:spittake: Green River Rd is awesome and there are few new ones I’ve never been on. All packed gravel from what I can see. :revit: Edit…not all packed gravel obviously.

image.thumb.jpeg.e8142c1e2b46bf79e503450256c0a54c.jpeg

• Like 1
5 hours ago, TEWKS said:

Larry, are you in Massachusetts right now? I’m going to hit a speck of the NEBDR (I believe anyway) on Sunday going out to Curtis BBQ in Putney VT. His daughter took over the operation after Curtis passed away. Figured I’d see if the charm of the place still exists. 

Nada.

Might visit my brother in Gardner next month, though it's still up in the air.

I like the take on BDR.  Sounds tasty :eat:

• Like 1

I originally said I was going to be on some of the NEBDR. After looking closer, it’s a very small section and I’ll be exiting onto Putney Mountain Rd. I thought “Green River Rd” was part of the route. Early morning babble, that’s all. :classic_biggrin:

image.thumb.jpeg.74f88722da7c2aeb54881f45a439c3f7.jpeg