IGNORED

R1150RT unknown parts under the rear seat

Stavros

Hello. I did notice some small broken plastic pieces that remain under the rear seat of my recently purchase bike. A week ago I took her to the dealer to replace the broken fuel pump and for the big service (almost 50k miles). At the same time I asked him to remove the OEM alarm. Could that be the remains of the alarm or something totally different. What I am missing?

20220904_140237.jpg

11 hours ago, Stavros said:

Hello. I did notice some small broken plastic pieces that remain under the rear seat of my recently purchase bike. A week ago I took her to the dealer to replace the broken fuel pump and for the big service (almost 50k miles). At the same time I asked him to remove the OEM alarm. Could that be the remains of the alarm or something totally different. What I am missing?

Morning Stavros

Could easily be the remains of an anti-theft alarm. Your motorcycle doesn't look to be a U.S. motorcycle so we don't know what type of alarm it had on it. 

You probably need to call the dealer that did the work & ask them what they removed from where. 

If that is the remains of your old alarm system then that is pretty sloppy work from a dealer.  

• Like 1

Thank you both for your replies!

Whatever was there and whoever decided to remove it, he definitely manage to do a sloppy work, (much worst if was the BMW dealer)!

May be someone was rushing to the toilet...

I do slowly getting to know the "new" bike better. I bought a couple of small fairing panels , the one that cover the bottom of the engine as I discovered that the one I have is missing a fin (I need one and the other one as a spare). I am planning to fix the left fairing panel as I also discovered a small crack around one of the two allen screws that are hidden behind the cylinder. On the other side the panel are missing a couple screws on the lower part, (where everything is "hidden")... To be honest I would expect that my dealer, to whom I left the bike a few days ago for the big service and the replacement of the pump, to have replace the screws, even if they were missing from the previous owner, but may be I am asking too much attention for an old bike...I never bargain his fees though! Is it something so hard to find around?

By the way I did order an OEM set of tools through the Ebay, (why they are always missing on the 2nd hand bikes I buy?)

Does anyone have a photo or a diagramme of how the bike was when it left the factory? I am refering to the part under the rear seat and the interior of the tail. The Clymer and Haynes manual do not describe any kind of tool box, neither the OEM parts catalogue. The little fabric tool case was just squeezed behind?

Thank you once more,

Stavros

1 hour ago, Stavros said:

Thank you both for your replies!

Whatever was there and whoever decided to remove it, he definitely manage to do a sloppy work, (much worst if was the BMW dealer)!

May be someone was rushing to the toilet...

I do slowly getting to know the "new" bike better. I bought a couple of small fairing panels , the one that cover the bottom of the engine as I discovered that the one I have is missing a fin (I need one and the other one as a spare). I am planning to fix the left fairing panel as I also discovered a small crack around one of the two allen screws that are hidden behind the cylinder. On the other side the panel are missing a couple screws on the lower part, (where everything is "hidden")... To be honest I would expect that my dealer, to whom I left the bike a few days ago for the big service and the replacement of the pump, to have replace the screws, even if they were missing from the previous owner, but may be I am asking too much attention for an old bike...I never bargain his fees though! Is it something so hard to find around?

By the way I did order an OEM set of tools through the Ebay, (why they are always missing on the 2nd hand bikes I buy?)

Does anyone have a photo or a diagramme of how the bike was when it left the factory? I am refering to the part under the rear seat and the interior of the tail. The Clymer and Haynes manual do not describe any kind of tool box, neither the OEM parts catalogue. The little fabric tool case was just squeezed behind?

Thank you once more,

Stavros

Afternoon Stavros

No tool box on the 1150RT.

Your posted  picture of the inside of the tail section is not very clear but it looks like you still have some extra immobilizer mounting parts (bracketry) back there that are no longer needed & will be in the way of under seat storage.  

I am not near my shop for a few days so don't have access to take a picture of the inside of the 1150RT rear tail section (hopefully someone can take a picture of their 1150RT then post the picture here.

Check your messages on this site as I will send you the BMW immobilizer installation instructions. Hopefully you can match the install pictures up with what is still remaining on your motorcycle then remove those unneeded pieces.  

• Like 1

Here is a pic of my 1150rt tail. If not clear enough, I’ll push the bike outside later and take another one. Pay no attention to the red wire. It’s aftermarket running from a signal minder to the tail light

AC25126B-F23F-47F9-817D-E73ED5368650.jpeg

• Like 1