IGNORED

Schuberth C5 with SC2 (Sena Bluetooth)

strataj

I installed the update for the SC2 version V1.01, its first update release.  Easy update but I lost volume control, I couldn't increase the sound making it hard to hear at speed.  I went back to the original version, I have volume control again.  The SC2 can be turned up very load so be careful.  Anyone else have this problem?

I have a case open with Sena for remote volume, with this feature I'd be able to control the volume with the bikes wonder wheel.  The SC2 is the same as the Sena 50R, I understand the Sena 50S has this feature. 

• Like 1

I upgraded my SC2 to the 1.01 version of the firmware and haven't had any issues with the volume. Have you done a reset on the SC2? That usually helps. 

Jim

• Like 1
4 hours ago, RT_Jim said:

I upgraded my SC2 to the 1.01 version of the firmware and haven't had any issues with the volume. Have you done a reset on the SC2? That usually helps. 

Jim

Jim, thanks for responding.  I did try the reset, even did the paper clip reset.  What is the benefit of the upgrade? 

I noticed Schuberth (Sena really) didn't provide any release notes so I'm not 100% sure what issues the upgrade fixed. But I also own a Sena 50S and know they release updates fairly regularly to fix issues so I keep my devices up to date. Being a software quality assurance person, testing systems is my job so I'm used to doing these upgrades. 

17 minutes ago, RT_Jim said:

I noticed Schuberth (Sena really) didn't provide any release notes so I'm not 100% sure what issues the upgrade fixed. But I also own a Sena 50S and know they release updates fairly regularly to fix issues so I keep my devices up to date. Being a software quality assurance person, testing systems is my job so I'm used to doing these upgrades. 

Thanks again Jim, I'm not a quality assurance person but I sold specialized software for 29 years to the broadcast industry so I'm very dangers (I know enough to get in big trouble ;)) . I'll delete my download of the current version, download again and update.