IGNORED

2005 R1200RT Auxiliary Connection Cable?

Apexdreamer53

Apexdreamer53

Hello, I’ve been trying to familiarize myself with the stereo and CD player on my newly acquired 2005 R1200RT.  I noticed the system has an AUX function and checking the owners manual it references an Auxillary Connection Cable which is BMW part number 61127709157.  I do not have this cable.  Also, the manual states there is a plug in the CD deck storage compartment that this cable would plug into, I do not have a plug or receptacle  in my CD storage compartment.  

So my question is where can I purchase this cable as it seems it is no longer available from BMW.  Also, is it possible my specific model does not have the plug for the AUX function on the stereo? Or, is it possible this plug is still taped to the wiring harness under the right side upper panel?

Thsnks for the help!

FAF28BA5-2E66-45D9-AE11-8BBA0B45E4B4.jpeg

49 minutes ago, Apexdreamer53 said:

Hello, I’ve been trying to familiarize myself with the stereo and CD player on my newly acquired 2005 R1200RT.  I noticed the system has an AUX function and checking the owners manual it references an Auxillary Connection Cable which is BMW part number 61127709157.  I do not have this cable.  Also, the manual states there is a plug in the CD deck storage compartment that this cable would plug into, I do not have a plug or receptacle  in my CD storage compartment.  

So my question is where can I purchase this cable as it seems it is no longer available from BMW.  Also, is it possible my specific model does not have the plug for the AUX function on the stereo? Or, is it possible this plug is still taped to the wiring harness under the right side upper panel?

Thsnks for the help!

Morning  Apexdreamer53

Are you sure that it isn't  tucked down between the CD player body the compartment wall?

You might have to dig into it a little to see if the cable is actually missing or tucked back somewhere. 

If you can't find it & need one then try contacting  some BMW dealers to see if they can locate one for you. Problem is, they are about $160.00 .

https://www.shopbmwmotorcycles.com/contact-us

Apexdreamer53

Thanks for the reply Dirtrider

It looks like I'm going to have to do a little digging as you say.  There's no sign of the cable itself or the AUX plug that should be in the CD player compartment.  I'll look for it when I take on another project requiring removal of the upper panels.  $160 seems a little pricy for the cable through BMW.  I was hoping there was an aftermarket cable available that I could possibly use or even make my own.

Take care!

• 1 year later...
On 8/23/2022 at 2:25 PM, Apexdreamer53 said:

Thanks for the reply Dirtrider

It looks like I'm going to have to do a little digging as you say.  There's no sign of the cable itself or the AUX plug that should be in the CD player compartment.  I'll look for it when I take on another project requiring removal of the upper panels.  $160 seems a little pricy for the cable through BMW.  I was hoping there was an aftermarket cable available that I could possibly use or even make my own.

Take care!

Hey Apexdreamer53, did you have any success with this?  I have an '06 and considering this addition but also don't know if the cable already exists and is just tucked away (I believe this is an unlikely scenario).  When I took the tupperware off, I don't recall the removal of the CD unit being very intuitive.