IGNORED

Self canceling turn signals

Dave P

2007 1200RT, I really don't like the self-canceling turn signals. Is there a way I can turn this function off? Just cancel them manually like I've done on every bike I've owned since 1985... Just wondering. Dave

32 minutes ago, Dave P said:

2007 1200RT, I really don't like the self-canceling turn signals. Is there a way I can turn this function off? Just cancel them manually like I've done on every bike I've owned since 1985... Just wondering. Dave

Morning Dave P

No, on the 2007 1200RT can't turn auto-cancel off__ BUT you can (use a GS-911, or have the dealer) set the T/S cancel time & distance to a lot farther so if you can then manually cancel at a reasonable time/distance & that is usually well before the system does it for you. 

I have my 1200RT set to max distance/time as I just hated the early factory set cancel time & now it almost  never interferes my manual cancel routine.   

DR- Thanks for the suggestion, that longer cancel time will probably help, and I do have plans to have a friend hook up his 911 to see if there are any codes stored in there.

I noticed that I push the signal button (too early I guess) and as I'm sitting stopped at a light or stop sign, I look down and the signal has canceled @#$%@!   Dave

2 hours ago, Dave P said:

DR- Thanks for the suggestion, that longer cancel time will probably help, and I do have plans to have a friend hook up his 911 to see if there are any codes stored in there.

I noticed that I push the signal button (too early I guess) and as I'm sitting stopped at a light or stop sign, I look down and the signal has canceled @#$%@!   Dave

Morning Dave

Try keeping the brakes applied (either front or rear) while sitting still as that should stop (but not change) the T/S auto-cancel.

Or, on some you can keep the turn signal paddle depressed as that will usually stop the the auto-cancel).

On my 1200RT, before I re-set the auto-cancel time & distance to max, I was in the habit of re-setting my turn signal a couple of times during stopping then usually once again after stopping.  (just a quick hit of the T/S  cancel paddle then a re-set of the T/S again. I did this so automatically that I still did that for quite a while after I changing the auto-cancel time & distance.

If your friend with the GS-911 can't find the  T/S time/distance menu then have him/her update their GS-911as the T/S time distance function was not in the earlier GS-911 firmware.  

I don't have my GS-911 or 1200RT handy at the moment but if I remember somewhat correctly the T/S settings are under__   R-Series/ R1200RT Vehicle Electronics/ Service Functions/ ZFE Configurations  

What? I didn't know my '07 has self cancelling signals. I have just been cancelling on my own, like I learned to do on all the 1150's I owned.... going to have to look into this.

Update on the self cancel- my RT friend came over with his (updated) GS911 the other night and was able to turn off the self cancel function completely. Just road tested it for 200 miles today and no cancel until I cancel it. Dave

I checked mine and they do indeed self cancel. It just takes too long for my taste, so I will keep cancelling manually and use the self cancel as a backup for when I might forget.